No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: William Joppy-Cory Cummings Rematch on March 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: William Joppy-Cory Cummings Rematch on March 12

FAIRFAX, VA --- After earning a majority draw last November in a crowd-pleasing, back-and-forth contest, former D.C. world champion William Joppy (39-6-2, 30 KOs) and dangerous veteran Cory “Black Ice” Cummings (17-4-1, 13 KOs) of Baltimore, MD will look to settle Beltway bragging rights when they return to the Patriot Center on March 12 as the 10-round Co-Main Event on the Jimmy Lange Boxing card. The show is an Ice Promotions event presented by Valcourt Building Services.

[Click Here To Read More]

damn joppy hung them up already

Comment

Joppy was never a champion, any more than Sturm, Zbik, Slyvester or any of the other pretenders at middleweight today. He held a paper title at middleweight but BHOP showed who was champion when he won a near shutout over him. Joppy has been shot for nearly a decade. Sad that he's still fighting

Comment

Joppy is still fighting? Some boxing itch that needs some boxingscratch I guess or maybe a money problem. Damn...

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
          Joppy is still fighting? Some boxing itch that needs some boxingscratch I guess or maybe a money problem. Damn...
          same question here..

and he is also fighting a veteran? what's the point except for money? i'll understand if he was fighting an up-and-coming boxer..

Comment

I laughed that Joppy got a title shot at light heavy after going 0-2-1 in his last three matches and never beating anyone alive at 174. Now that Joppy has no wins in his last four fights and will probably get another title shot, I find it hard to laugh.
            Last edited by cooper5; 02-01-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X