• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that 7 wives line was on point...damn

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      that 7 wives line was on point...damn
      Glad u liked that one...funny but true. Hey Philly Fighter...u know Buster Drayton???? That's my man all the way...great guy! Fought everyone...

Comment

Another thing I want to point, if anyone doesn't believe that Dawson isn't effected by constantly switching trainers, look what happened when he went from Floyd Sr. to Eddie Muhammad.

Dawson hasn't looked good since leaving Floyd Sr and that was six years ago. Floyd Sr. isn't Eddie Muhammad they have both different approaches to training a boxer. Whatever Floyd taught Dawson it made him look good in the ring, and that's what's counts.

This is the result of Dawson switching trainings too much. This is also happened when Dawson left Steward to Scully. Dawson looked different under Scully.

Most boxers in their careers has only had maybe 4 different trainers, but 10?

Comment

Ice putting the muffin on blast. You can't go hollywood if you can't even act, lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
            PS: Just to clarify, many people seem to believe that trainers of fighters spend 24 hours hours a day in camp thinking about the fight, preparing for the fight, focusing on the fight...its like with anything else..u need to relax, there is downtime...one of thee jokers, area hater LOL, commented that I should focus on the fight an not do other stuff, like post on internet etc LOL listen u nitwit, I know big time trainers who spend hours in camp golfing, going to bars, etc...the gym is the gym, free time is free time...I dont drink, go to clubs, bars, etc...I use my downtime to write about boxing history, much of it I post on line for all to see...so relax with the criticism...dont watch too many movies or just draw ur own unfounded conclusions about what training is or is supposed to be like...preparation was done, period. But the problems that came from it could have been avoided, DEFINITELY
            That kid was just trolling you.

Comment

Hey Iceman didn't you train dawson in the amateurs. I noticed you said 2004. I thought it was earlier then that?Do you think Hopkins hurt Dawson more in that fight then Dawson hurt him? He looked pretty banged up after the fight and he seemed like he was about to start crying in the post fight interview. He was taking some serious right hands plus a couple head butts.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                Hey Iceman didn't you train dawson in the amateurs. I noticed you said 2004. I thought it was earlier then that?Do you think Hopkins hurt Dawson more in that fight then Dawson hurt him? He looked pretty banged up after the fight and he seemed like he was about to start crying in the post fight interview. He was taking some serious right hands plus a couple head butts.
                I thought that was a terrible fight, that was probably one of Chad's worst performances in his career. The main reason why the fight was so close was because Chad was fighting Hopkins wrong.

Chad was fighting flat footed with his head leaning forward, which allowed Hopkins time him and tie him up. Had Chad fought fleet footed and fought tall, he would would have had more opportunities to throw more punches and land to the body. His jab would have been more effective and it would create distance to counter Hopkins when's lunging in.

I think Chad would have done better with Steward. This is no disrespect to Scully. Again the problem is Chad switching trainers too much, you just don't hire a new trainer in the middle of a scheduled fight. Firing Steward after one fight and hiring Scully was reckless and stupid, and the results were not good.
                Last edited by Boxingwizard; 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

OR Manny would have pushed to hurt the older man like Pascal did a few times and get the much older man out of there to make a statement. The fact is that for the first three rounds Hops was giving CD A LOT of trouble with his style and it was because of the style we were initially using...once we adjusted that around the 4th and 5th, and once Chad hit his stride around the 6th, it was a decisive victory. But even with that, no one is going to look great beating Hops no matter who is training him. Come on, you know him well enough through the years to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    NO, no I knew him since he was 11...worked his corner a few times when his original coach couldnt make a tournament or something....I sparred him many times beginning back then but didnt start actually training him until 2004...

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                      NO, no I knew him since he was 11...worked his corner a few times when his original coach couldnt make a tournament or something....I sparred him many times beginning back then but didnt start actually training him until 2004...
                      Ah thanks for clearing that up. He definitely took some damage in that fight though. I thought Chads size advantage over Hopkins helped him a lot plus the fact that Hopkins was 47. He looked great against Pascal but an old man like that is more likely to have a bad night obviously.He looked old and almost scrawny next to Chad.

Anyway Chad's probably going to lose to Pascal bad next and then it's all down hill from there. Best thing he could of done was stay with you but I think whats coming for him is inevitable. I don't want to sound like a hater and I'm sure he's a great guy and a family man but speaking about him strictly as a boxer something seems off with him. I don't think he's built for a long career.

Comment

Working...
                      X