No announcement yet.

getting knocked down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting knocked down

I boxed on friday night and to cut a long story short, I took a lot of unnecessary punches and got put down in the second (couldnt walk straight for about 3 days afterwards) I got up and won on a majority descision. It really was close so he didnt have a right to complain about a robbery, but that didnt stop his coaches from whining like little *****es. just wanted to share the experience and find out if anyone else with experience could give input.

What caused you not to walk straight for 3 days? Body shots?

Comment

Why couldnt you walk? Were you raped? lol.

But seriously, you can either take a punch or you cant.

Comment

Iv had standing 8s but never been in serious trouble from a head shot but dem body shots have stopped me in my tracks in sparring

Comment

haha, some funny ****. naah. it was a head shot the put me down. i just felt scrambled for a few days afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by rockymarciano1 View Post
            haha, some funny ****. naah. it was a head shot the put me down. i just felt scrambled for a few days afterwards.
            i've never been hit that hard.

a few days?

you need a break dude.

some of these older guys in this forum will come in and tell you about how it's all part of the game,
            to suck it up,
            and then talk about themselves for the rest of the post

dont pay them any mind, honestly. they're here to talk about themselves.
            they know who they are

take a break from boxing. at least a matter of weeks. you might want to think about whether or not this sport is really for you. i mean seriously, how far have you gotten in boxing? and you're getting hit with shots that scramble you for days? what are the guys at the top going to do with you if the guys you are facing now are rocking you that badly?

were you making some sort of exaggeration when you said you were rocked for days?

if you cannot walk straight for days you incurred some sort of concussion. concussions occur when the brain makes contact with the skull or is rattled hard enough. you should get to a doctor if you've got insurance. he'll probably give you a baseline cat scan. i doubt anything major will show up (bad concussions / brain injuries are a lot worse than what you've described. a car accident, for instance, can generate hundreds of times the force that any man can generate punching and knock you out for days or weeks)

you're going to have this body until you die. you need to take care of it.
            Last edited by New England; 05-08-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Glad to here u got up like a fighter and got the win, but don't spar or fight for a month. Sound like you got a concussion and you need to not get hit in the head for a while so your brain can heal up. I have gotten caught behind the ear and had my peripheral vision messed up for a while after. I took a full month of from sparring and two weeks off from working out I am really glad I did. Take care of yourself, this sport is no joke as you know. Good luck and don't loose sleep over a knockdown, just watch film of the fight if you can ad work what you got too.

Comment

were you getting headaches 3 days after? might wanna take it easy. Anyway I've never been knocked down or seriously hurt by head shots in my fights or sparring. But I've wen't down i think 3 times now from body shots all from sparring. altho I do spar bigger guys all the time.
                Last edited by johncods; 05-08-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I thought it was the rules if you were dropped with a concussive headshot no contact for 2 weeks?

Comment

Got knocked down myself for the first time ever on Saturday, had the guy hurt so walked straight in and he caught me with a peachy uppercut. Was dazed for about 20 secs so just circled the ring and clung on for dear life. Stopped him in the next round, was a premature stoppage though.

Comment

Working...
                    X