Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who created the myth that you have to bounce back from Defeat or a KO/KD to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    What about the guy who is so strong mentally and so good physically that he never loses. Whats that say about a guy like that?
    You mean like Sven Ottke?

Comment

That dude is one of the greatest and hardest hitting Feather weights of all time. Naseem was a beast he just ran into a monstrous Barerra. I hate that logic. Cotto aint bounced back officially and I still rate him high.
      I don't think it was a "monstrous" Barrera that time, I think it was a combination of Hamed losing confidence, and,of course his couple of weeks training, which waorked well for his other opponents, did not work at all for Barrera. Hamed wss definitely well below his usual that night, the only question I can't answer is....whether it was because of Barrera, or because of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        You mean like Sven Ottke?
        hahaha that guy...dont get me started....

Comment

Reheeby mcfeeby

Comment

hahaha that guy...dont get me started....
            Lol, Im glad you know I was just messing with you.

Comment

What about the guy who is so strong mentally and so good physically that he never loses. Whats that say about a guy like that?
              it means he's fighting a bunch of bums or mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by snd_dsigner_dan View Post
                I do remember Foreman running away like a girl from Santos at the end of one round on that undercard months ago. But yeah, bad matchup for Miguel.
                How is that a bad match up for Miguel? Because he's a boxer? Were Quintana, Magginilini, and Judah not boxers? They all got trashed by Cotto. Cotto will stop him. The only person that's going to be a bad match up for Miguel is anybody who can hit hard enough and frequently enough to put doubt in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
                  Jack Demsey?.... Didn't he say a true champion always bounces back
                  "A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Is that the quote your thinking of?

Anyway, bouncing back isn't what makes you great. It's just what makes great stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    it means he's fighting a bunch of bums or mismatches.
                    So Floyd has fought only bums and mismatches? You said he would never fight Shane remember?

Comment

Working...
                    X