Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like golovkin but why fight a guy with 2 consecutive losses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's already got people hyping him like crazy based on beating bums, I guess it will continue until that stops being the case.

Comment

• Just because he's heavily hyped doesn't mean GGG doesn't need stay busy fights

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        No what's funny is how nothing is ever the guys fault, it's not his fault sturm ducked him, he isn't the only one sturm ducked tho. Yet many of the others did just fine without him. Goolovkin has been waiting his whole career, fighting these stay busy fights. It's time to move. He had to make something happen and proksa ain't it. Same **** with Pirog and ppl kept giving him the same passes. Now where the hell is Pirog again?
        Right guys seems to forget Sturm ducked, JTaylor, Pavlik, Hopkins, Abraham, & a prime Edison Miranda. I've tried to make this point before and guys just looks over it. Glovokin has been a pro since 2006, now he was indeed Sturm's mando, but Glovokin & his team could of went after Taylor, Pavlik, Miranda & Abraham before they all left the division or got washed up? Problem is that every single one of those guys hit like tanks or just as hard as Glovokin. But team Glovokin still went after the weakest champ in Sturm. I know he was Sturm's mando, but so what. So was Lennox Lewis to Riddick Bowe, and we know Bowe straight ducked, and threw the belt in the trash can on national televised tv. Point is Lennox moved on, and the rest is history. As for guys ducking, Qullin just put an interview out, and he said he has no problem fighting Glovokin, but they both need about 2 more fights over here in the US on TV. And he'll make it happen, but guys have to understand Quillin is a show time fighter and Glovokin is an HBO fighter. So that is going to be a tug of war battle. As far as Martinez ducking, please get real! Guys are going to say he fought Chavez but Chavez was ranked higher than Glovokin and the consensus #2 middle weight. Also Brian Vera said he would fight Glovokin ASAP, after his last fight a couple of weeks ago on espn, but team Glovokin no response. Vera is a better choice than ishida. Also Vera is a true middleweight and holds a win over the undefeated Andy Lee when lee was undefeated.
        Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
          Pirog mentioned in an article that he was fully healed and wanted to fight GGG in March.
          http://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-pi...-on-hbo--59775
          http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/Boxing...t-rival-14790/

Rubio: "Bring on Golovkin!"
          http://www.boxing.com/rubio_bring_on...ez_anyone.html

The rest of the guys I mentioned are UNDOUBTEDLY a big step up from Rosado and Ishida. All I'm asking is that Golovkin give at least one of these guys a chance for his next chance and call out Geale and taunt him about getting him WBA title back. GGG v. Geale needs to happen sometime this year.
          Great post, and that's what I've been saying, but yet they refuse to believe, but he want us to believe Glovokin and team Glovokin's every word

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
            Pirog mentioned in an article that he was fully healed and wanted to fight GGG in March.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-pi...-on-hbo--59775
            http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/Boxing...t-rival-14790/

Rubio: "Bring on Golovkin!"
            http://www.boxing.com/rubio_bring_on...ez_anyone.html

The rest of the guys I mentioned are UNDOUBTEDLY a big step up from Rosado and Ishida. All I'm asking is that Golovkin give at least one of these guys a chance for his next chance and call out Geale and taunt him about getting him WBA title back. GGG v. Geale needs to happen sometime this year.
            Guerrero/Rubio are in Quillin's lane, Bursak/Vera just had a fight, and Molina is a LMW.

As long as he beats the hell outta Ishida and fights Geale/Pirog in June, then all is forgiven.

Comment

• Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
              Right guys seems to forget Sturm ducked, JTaylor, Pavlik, Hopkins, Abraham, & a prime Edison Miranda.
              None of these guys were Sturm's mandatory though. And other than Abraham, guys like Taylor, Pavlik & Hopkins obviously wouldn't have fought in Germany while Golovkin was willing to fight Sturm anywhere he wished.

I've tried to make this point before and guys just looks over it. Glovokin has been a pro since 2006, now he was indeed Sturm's mando, but Glovokin & his team could of went after Taylor, Pavlik, Miranda & Abraham before they all left the division or got washed up? Problem is that every single one of those guys hit like tanks or just as hard as Glovokin.
              You honestly believe Golovkin, who never fought in America or HBO/Showtime/ESPN, would get a shot at Taylor, Pavlik or Abraham? Be real.

But team Glovokin....
              Have you read any of the posts in this thread? Like I mentioned GGG was dicked around for years. Here is a nice accurate breakdown which is all well documented:
              Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
              Ok let me give you the timeline

1. Start out promoted by Universum, who don't give a **** about him, mostly interested in shielding Sturm from him and other legit comp
              2. GG tries to break out of contract, gets sued. Cannot fight in Germany or the US while in limbo, fights twice in Panama
              3. Wins interim title 2 years ago. That means he is no longer ranked by the other bodies
              4. K2 turn up the heat on the WBA for shot vs regular champ. Sturm buys super title to get a break
              5. New interim champ NJikam skips purse bid when ordered to fight GG, drop title. Mandatory contender Mundine also skips purse bid, gives up spot
              5. More pressure on WBA, Sturm attempts to unify, loses.
              6. GG gets 2 HBO dates, nobody wants a shot at his title. Macklin rather takes Alcine on deep ppv undercard for half the money and no title shot.

So now that you've been briefed after reading this, care to explain exactly how Golovkin could have fought all these guys you were referring to in that time frame??

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Guerrero/Rubio are in Quillin's lane, Bursak/Vera just had a fight, and Molina is a LMW.

As long as he beats the hell outta Ishida and fights Geale/Pirog in June, then all is forgiven.
                Lol, and how long will all be forgiven? Just like with Pirog, nothing is ever this guys fault. So I guess we wll still be forgiving him when he's retired without having fought anyone of substance. Wake me when he fights someone of note, whether u think it's his fault or not

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Lol, and how long will all be forgiven? Just like with Pirog, nothing is ever this guys fault. So I guess we wll still be forgiving him when he's retired without having fought anyone of substance. Wake me when he fights someone of note, whether u think it's his fault or not
                  Why are you comparing Golovkin to Pirog? It's been said by many posters, myself included, that his promoters have done a poor job with him since the KO of Jacobs. To his credit he did sign to fight Golovkin but injured his back, but those things happen.

Also, with all the information that's been provided to you in this thread it's amazing your stance is still exactly the same. It's clear you formed an opinion and despite all of the facts you're unwilling to bend your original conclusion, despite overwhelming evidence that proved you wrong in multiple areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Why are you comparing Golovkin to Pirog? It's been said by many posters, myself included, that his promoters have done a poor job with him since the KO of Jacobs. To his credit he did sign to fight Golovkin but injured his back, but those things happen.

Also, with all the information that's been provided to you in this thread it's amazing your stance is still exactly the same. It's clear you formed an opinion and despite all of the facts you're unwilling to bend your original conclusion, despite overwhelming evidence that proved you wrong in multiple areas.
                    If u assume I didn't know about golovkins promotional woes that's on u. Like I said it was common knowledge that he was Sturms mando. He's past it and still fighting Jmws and still getting passes. So what exactly changed? What exactly has he accomplished since going to K2? Absolutely crap.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DempseyRollin;13015390]If u assume I didn't know about golovkins promotional woes that's on u. ]/quote]

You proved you didn't know when I directly asked you several times and you answered incorrectly. You didn't even know who was promoting him at the time.

So what exactly changed? What exactly has he accomplished since going to K2?.
                      He's had three HBO dates as a result of being with K2, obviously. Prior he never fought on American television and was sidelined for several years.

Comment

Working...
                      X