No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Talks Mayweather, Eyes Ward-Rodriguez Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Talks Mayweather, Eyes Ward-Rodriguez Winner

WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin is a few weeks into his latest training camp inside of the Summit Gym in Big Bear, Calif. ahead of his Nov. 2 HBO clash with Curtis Stevens.

While the fight with the ultra-confident Stevens figures to deliver fireworks, much of the talk surrounding Golovkin seems to center around his potential list of opponents, as anyone between 154 and 168 pounds with credentials seems to be of interest to his team.

Last week in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather offered up a virtuoso performance over twelve rounds in thoroughly outclassing then junior middleweight champion Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez inside of the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Stevenson??? They need to realize they are not fighting Stevenson, Cloud is. It's Stevens. EDIT: Corrections made.
    Last edited by richardt; 09-21-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Ward will take the fight at 168, in Oakland, wearing 25 oz gloves in a 40 ft ring.

Comment

Good to see Golovkin is focusing on more realistic options such as moving up in weight or fighting at 160 as opposed to moving down.

Comment

ward will be the one to most likely give ggg his first loss

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Good to see Golovkin is focusing on more realistic options such as moving up in weight or fighting at 160 as opposed to moving down.
            not all, but some of his fans seriously don't live in realty................(and I'm not joking when i say that)
            Last edited by Godsfly; 09-21-2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan7819 View Post
              I favor Ward as well (I'm a bigger fan of GGG though), but I do think GGG will give him a harder time than many on here project. No shame in losing to Ward though especially when you're at a size disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Ward will take the fight at 168, in Oakland, wearing 25 oz gloves in a 40 ft ring.
                I can't say for sure. But I'd be willing to bet Ward is far less impressed with GGG than you are.

Comment

I wouldn't mind putting some money on GGG if he fights Ward and the odds are right. He can definitely pull the upset. I wouldn't mind seeing GGG vs Mayweather either but I wouldn't dare bet against Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan7819 View Post
                    Sure, if the fight is in Oakland and the referee is stuck up Ward's ass allowing him to clinch upwards of 100 times and headbutt continuously.

Comment

Working...
                    X