No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Ruling Out Trout, Ready to Start Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Ruling Out Trout, Ready to Start Camp

Edison "Eddy" Reynoso, the manager of WBC junior middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs), is hoping to finalize his fighter's opponent in no more than two weeks time.

"No later than 15 days because we have everything set to do a training camp. We can not wait until the last minute. In order to do the best job [in camp], it must be done in accordance with the opponent," Reynoso said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Trout dont want it hes too busy beating up 40 year old drunks.

Comment

If Trout actually gets in trouble with his run in with the law it would be the Canelo curse in full effect. Kirkland is in dispute with his handlers and Cotto doesn't look like a feasable foe anymore.

That leaves Vanes or Lara which would be a step in the right direction for Canelo.

Comment

last i've heard trout was released with out being charged......for anything. if you're scared, you're scared but stop with weak ass excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
          If Trout actually gets in trouble with his run in with the law it would be the Canelo curse in full effect. Kirkland is in dispute with his handlers and Cotto doesn't look like a feasable foe anymore.

That leaves Vanes or Lara which would be a step in the right direction for Canelo.
          The public intoxication charge against boxing champion Austin "No Doubt" Trout that was issued to him in El Paso on Jan. 1 has been dropped, according to Trout's trainer.

Trout had been charged with public intoxication stemming from an altercation at a West El Paso Taco Cabana early Jan. 1. Trout denied the allegations from the start.
          http://www.kvia.com/news/Update-Publ...d/-/index.html

Comment

Team Canelo needs to man up and fight Trout.

Stop running from real fighters.

Show some Mexican pride. If they got any.....

Comment

I haven't heard any alternative to Trout or Cotto for May. Trout would be a good opponent and I hope it happens.

I don't understand why anyone is concerned about Alvarez having not faced an A list fighter- for me it just creates intrigue to watch him fight as he moves up in the quality of his opponents.

I'm glad there is a big name as young as Saul Alvarez, I hope we get a decade of good fights out of him.

I do agree he hasn't beaten anybody particularly dangerous, I still can't wait for his first really tough opponent. All that said I honestly didn't think that Baldomir could be KO'd using a sledge hammer, that's probably the most eye opening thing he's done imho.

Comment

They need to to stop feeding this kid easy fights. If he's ever gonna be a real commodity in the sport he has to fight some real competition. A lot of us talk about a fight with him and Mayweather, but when you take a step back and look at his last 4 fights, which one of these really merits a chance at fighting Mayweather?

Ryan Rhodes
                Alfonso Gomez
                Kermit Cintron
                Shane Mosley
                Josesito Lopez

If Canelo beats Trout (a legit 154lber) you have to give him his due. I realize GBP are trying to usher him in to the spotlight, but as we've seen with a lot of these new stars, being protected then being thrown to the wolves isn't always the best measure.

Comment

Just fight Trout Mr. Cinnamon, he earned it...

Comment

Mayweather says that he will fight with Robert Guerrero, Austin Trout is having legal problems in the United States.
                    I didn't think they would stoop so low to use Trout's meaningless arrest as an excuse to avoid him, but they actually did it.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-04-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X