Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley Interview, "Khan is slightly faster then me, i wanna look fantastic"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Bradley Interview, "Khan is slightly faster then me, i wanna look fantastic"

Exclusive: Timothy Bradley Talks About His Upcoming Fight With Devon Alexander

By James Slater - Unbeaten 140-pound talent Timothy Bradley, the WBO light-welterweight champion, is currently training hard (as he always trains) for his upcoming January date with the also unbeaten Devon Alexander. The hugely important fight is a must-win affair for both men, and “Desert Storm” is looking forward to it.

On the way to the gym as I called him yesterday afternoon, the 27-year-old with the 26-0(11) record was kind enough to speak with me. Talking about his own upcoming fight as well as the recent thriller between WBA 140-pound champ Amir Khan and Marcos Maidana, Bradley had some interesting things to say.

Here is what the super-fast, superbly conditioned Palm Springs boxer/puncher had to say:

James Slater: It’s always a pleasure to be able to speak with you, Champ. First of all, how has camp been so far for the January fight with Devon Alexander?

Timothy Bradley: I’m on my way to the gym right now. Yesterday I had my first day of sparring actually, and I tell you, I am WAY ahead of schedule. I feel great. I have two great sparring partners, I did six rounds yesterday and I felt good..

J.S: As you know, the 140-pound division is really hot at the moment; what with your big fight and the great fight Amir Khan and Marcos Maidana put on on Saturday. I take it you saw that fight?

T.B: I was there live. It was a very exciting fight, with furious action. Was it a Fight Of The Year candidate? Absolutely. Both guys deserve credit for putting on such a spectacular fight. Amir Khan proved he has a chin and that he is a warrior. He surprised me, and I told him so. He went up a notch or two in my book. But let me tell you, Maidana went up even higher in my book. When that liver shot put him down in the 1st, I thought it was all over. He came back though, and showed how tough he really is.

J.S: You have wanted a fight with Khan for a while now, as we all know. Despite his great win and his proven chin, you still feel you can beat him?

T.B: I still feel I can beat him. But let’s see what happens when we actually do fight before I say anything. I’d say that fight is 50-50 right now. Khan is very fast, maybe a little faster than me. All us top guys at this level, when we fight each other, either could win - it’s a question of who brings his A-game and is able to execute it. But let’s see who the best 140-pounder in the world is.

J.S: Had you fought Maidana, you wouldn’t have taken all the shots Khan took, would you? Would you have boxed more and outclassed Maidana?

T.B: I wouldn’t have taken shots like that, no. But the fact that Khan did take those shots, it made the fight that much better. Khan should be thanked for fighting the way he did (laughs). It made for a great action fight.

J.S: You are known as a guy who trains extremely hard; you always put the work in in the gym and then some. Is that side of you as important as your skill and talent do you feel?

T.B: Absolutely. People have said I don’t do one thing very well, and that is why I’m not a spectacular fighter. My skills are very good, but my conditioning and my nutrition are huge in my game. I make sure I work harder than my opponent. I know Devon [Alexander] isn’t working as hard as I am. He can’t be! I do my running in the morning - I sometimes do ten miles, Julio Cesar Chavez used to run ten miles a day - and then I’m in the gym. I train for six hours a day, so no-one can tell me I can’t do the 36 minutes [of a distance fight].

J.S: We’re all looking forward to the Alexander fight in Jan. Do you see a distance fight taking place, and do you anticipate a chess-match-style fight, between two excellent boxers?

T.B: I always train for a twelve round fight. I’m not a prediction guy; anything can happen in that ring. But I tell you right now, I will be aggressive in this fight. I want to put on a great show and an exciting fight. If Devon feels the same way and if he stands and fights me, it will be a dog fight. If he runs, I will be the chaser. I will come out fast in this fight.

J.S: Thanks so much for your time, Tim. Have a great workout today.

T.B: Okay, man. Thanks.

Bradley has class.

He should beat Devon.

Comment

Bradley will beat Alexander, I'm positive bout this. Khan Vs Bradley in 2011 to decide the undisputed champ at 140?

Comment

I like Timmeh. If he just had a bit more pop in his punches he would be amongst my favorites. His mentality and work ethic is unbelievable.

Comment

I like Bradley more and more, he comes across as very humble and a dedicated boxer. How many guys would admit "I don't do any one thing really well"

Comment

Tim is a great guy! i'm becoming a fan of him, the guy has class!

Comment

Cool, it's good to hear other boxers showing appreciation for one another.

Comment

Tim is good people of late. He used to talk a lot of **** before these big fights were made. Now he is showing props to fellow fighters, understanding what he will be dealing with after he beats Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                  Tim is good people of late. He used to talk a lot of **** before these big fights were made. Now he is showing props to fellow fighters, understanding what he will be dealing with after he beats Devon.
                  He's talking still enough **** about Devon though LOL

'put some bass in ya voice'

Comment

Amir Con is significantly faster than Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                    X