It's Official: We Now Have The Fabulous Four, Part Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Hilarious

Out yourself, thread starter. There's no way I'd let an anonymous alt of mine take credit for something as magical as this.

Highlights - The Hearns/Calzaghe comparisons, and the Lacy/Leonard retirements reference

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stone View Post
        Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran. All four were ATGs, and all four fought one another, giving us some great battles.

If the Jones-Lacy fight comes off, we'll finally have a group who are on the same level, if not even better.

Calzaghe, Old Jones Jr, Lacy and Sheika.

I see Calzaghe as the Hearns of the group. Technically very gifted, fantastic jab and devastating power. Like Hearns, JC fought several prime ATGs in multiple divisions.

I see Old Roy as Hagler; rock solid chin, great stamina
        , never takes a backwards step. Like Hagler, he hasn't stayed in the sport too long or continued fighting when a mere shadow of his former self.

Lacy of course is Leonard. The blurring hand speed, amazing skills, and an expert at movement and timing. He's only retired one time in comparison to Leonard's 47 retirements, but other than their records are pretty much identical.

Sheika is of course Duran. The greatest inside fighter of his era, fearsome punching power and title reigns that spanned 3 decades.

I'm going to wait and see how Lacy-Jones goes before deciding which 4 deserve to be rated higher, but you guys have to admit that there's not much in it.
        Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stone View Post
          Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran. All four were ATGs, and all four fought one another, giving us some great battles.

If the Jones-Lacy fight comes off, we'll finally have a group who are on the same level, if not even better.

Calzaghe, Old Jones Jr, Lacy and Sheika.

I see Calzaghe as the Hearns of the group. Technically very gifted, fantastic jab and devastating power. Like Hearns, JC fought several prime ATGs in multiple divisions.

I see Old Roy as Hagler; rock solid chin, great stamina, never takes a backwards step. Like Hagler, he hasn't stayed in the sport too long or continued fighting when a mere shadow of his former self.

Lacy of course is Leonard. The blurring hand speed, amazing skills, and an expert at movement and timing. He's only retired one time in comparison to Leonard's 47 retirements, but other than their records are pretty much identical.

Sheika is of course Duran. The greatest inside fighter of his era, fearsome punching power and title reigns that spanned 3 decades.

I'm going to wait and see how Lacy-Jones goes before deciding which 4 deserve to be rated higher, but you guys have to admit that there's not much in it.
          Hahaha anyone who doesn't see the sarcasm or gets on this guy's case for this has a horrible sense of humor. Great post! Green K. Hilarious!

Comment

LOL, great work.. You must really have worked hard on this one

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
              I stopped reading right there.
              damn you made it that far down?

Comment

Working...
              X