No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik's Manager is Happy, Relieved His Fighter Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    He probably lost motivation because he couldn't get those big fights, not that he simply got too lazy to train anymore. All the big super middleweight names pretty much tied themselves for the first half of the year. Pavlik already took 4 straight low level fights so having to take another tuneup in the meantime would likely kill any motivation he had left. Leaving your family for two months to fight another Scott Sigmon would suck ass. Not worth it for someone who's used to fighting in the big stage.
    Good point. I never thought he should take the fight with Ward. But AA and Bute were two fights I would have liked to see.

Comment

Kelly could take that 2-3 million he has, get a normal job and let that money supplement his income for the rest of his life. Keep a nice home, send his kids to college.

There is nothing wrong with that life. Having rainy day money is a good thing.

Comment

Thank you Kelly, you walk away as a former middleweight champ, hold your head high, I was always a fan

Comment

Enjoy your retirement champ.

Comment

he gave fans many thrills, & I wish him luck & hope he stays retired but in my mind, I can't c him having a great deal of $$, even w/his headlined bouts, all he's been through, tells me don't b surprised 2 c him return...

Comment

The Abraham fight would've been good.

He's so unpredictable I wouldn't be surprised if he fought more.

There's too many retirements that don't last and are done for other reasons.

Things like, officially retiring to the ABC's and cancelling their boxing licence or something should be considered to show if they really are serious or not, separate the fakers.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                Kelly could take that 2-3 million he has, get a normal job and let that money supplement his income for the rest of his life. Keep a nice home, send his kids to college.

There is nothing wrong with that life. Having rainy day money is a good thing.
                I am not sure how accurate it is but the site Celebrity Net Worth has his net worth listed at $6 million.

Comment

C'mon are you guys really buying this he will take time off and then come back just in time to fight ward cause ward is gonna. Sit for a while I think he will most def fight again

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    And....He can have a few more fights if he so pleases.

He really hung in there despite a lot of ****e to deal with, my heart goes out to him.

I have to say something stupid here so here it goes: I actually feel that as great as Ward is, Pavlik has a strong style that is a great match against Ward...Kelly is scrappy enough to hang inside (though like most modern boxers & unlike Ward kelly does not fight inside). Kelly also has decent enough pace and jab.....strong enough, it might have been a great scrap! But alas, an unmotivated "Ghost" against Ward? a virtual death sentence!
                    So basically what you are saying is that because he faired so poorly againt Bernard Hopkins, he would do better against a fighter who is for all intents an purposes, a younger fresher stronger Bernard Hopkins?

Comment

i think he will be back if he stays sober. if he doesnt he will end up a sad story im afraid. but if hes not drinking or boxing hes gonna get bored and i think he will miss the sport when hes been away from it for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X