Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing is a pure fighting style , your first and foremost defense and attack mechanism aka you arms and fist.
    We a not very dissimilar from felines in that regard.
    As long as there are humans punches will be thrown and there will always be people that love to box.

And therefor the will alwasy be a foundation for boxing as a sport.

Besides that boxing have such a huge and important history behind that people will alwasys be drawn to it
    Last edited by 110110110; 09-08-2012, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I don't think that would work. The UFC pays it's fighters very little and keeps most of the money. Boxers won't put up with that. There must be at least 20 boxers who make more money each year than any UFC fighter so boxing is not dead yet. Ward is making over a million bucks tonight and he is not even in the top 10 as a moneymaker. Do UFC guys get over a million for one fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
        Mainstream, I don't know anyone among my casual fan mates who can name 5 top fighters.

The game is dead, only a handfull can draw attention to the sport now; Mayweather, Pac, the Klits, and Haye (Klits and Haye are a package deal, worthless without eachother).

Don't get me wrong, I know there is entertainment and talent in boxing, hell I even follow the career of Moisés Fuentes, but the promotion and exposure is now almost zero worldwide.

In boxing now, you're either a superstar, or a non entity, its a shame.

Until all boxing falls under one umbrella the same way the UFC controls mixed martial arts it has no chance.

There is no excuse for shit like "tune up fights", the whole idea of that is preposterous (use a dictionary for that one Yanks). How can anyone justify a "tune-up"? The best should fight the best everytime.

The way to save boxing is to have some cunt with a load of dough create an organisation, all fighters under contract, and you either fight the best, or fuck off.

In other words, to save the sport I love, copy the UFC business model, or die a slow lingering death.
        shut up man.your mates aint **** neither are you. your a ***. u have a pic of men kissing in your avy. regardless you dont matter. and if its dead ten why post on a boxing forum. who gives a **** mainstream music is dead too . ****s only alive to those who truly love it and arent spoonfed and want to go out research it and get it like books or anything with quality. so te people still following boxing are the purist and ones who are true fans anyway. point blank like with music and anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
          UFC buisness model is trash. and will die like the WWF did. Basically that what they are following.

If you follow a buisness model follow one that will grow and keep generating not one that has a peak and crash.
          anyone who uses the ufc for a model of anything is a clown. the OP is a clown and not a real fan himself. if something is dead its not alive hence there is no forums nor would he be posting

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
            Whats the point of posting this generic done before thread?......

What Major UFC bout does bigger ratings then Major boxing matches?

UFC on Fox 4 had a 1.1 rating....Adrian Broner's last fight was 2.9.

Imitating the UFC would be a step backwards lol
            you just killed this ***git :lol:

Comment

Enlighten me if i'm wrong. But The UFC is like one big promotional company, who also refuses to do business with other companies that were around like StrikeForce, etc. Dana White would only do business with a fighter from another MMA company, if that fighter joins the UFC.

I am asking, not saying this. I don't know, because I don't follow the business of MMA. But this is the impression I got when I briefly was into MMA.

If it like this, then this is no better than Bob Arum only doing business with a fighter who joins Top Rank, and isolating all other promotional companies from big events.

Also, for such a brutal sport, the fighter salaries are disgusting.

Overall Top Ten Earning Fighters in 2012
              (data updated to UFC 150)

1 Rashad Evans* $ 710,000
              2 Jon Jones $ 400,000
              3 Forrest Griffin $ 350,000
              4 Tito Ortiz $ 325,000
              5 Jake Shields* $ 300,000
              6 Vitor Belfort* $ 279,000
              6 Anderson Silva $ 275,000
              8 Michael Bisping $ 275,000
              9 Fabricio Werdum* $ 265,000
              10 Wanderlei Silva* $ 265,000

=3,444,000

Miguel Cotto's 2012 earnings: $15 Million dollars. Miguel Cotto, the 3rd most popular boxer in the US, this year made 4x and a half more than UFC's top 10 2012 earners, COMBINED.

Top career earners in the UFC, from UFC 46[2004]-Present.

1 Chuck Liddell* $4,320,000
              2 Tito Ortiz* $4,075,000
              3 Quinton Jackson* $3,240,000
              4 Georges St-Pierre * $3,102,000
              5 Randy Couture* $3,045,000
              6 Brock Lesnar $2,825,000
              7 Michael Bisping* $2,710,000
              8 Rashad Evans* $2,697,000
              9 Anderson Silva * $2,671,000
              10 B.J. Penn * $2,650,000

31,335,000 million combined.

In 2012, against Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather Jr earned $40million dollars. $9million more than the total amount that the top 10 earners of UFC combined, have earned in a span of 8 years.

Dating back from 2009, Miguel Cotto has made $40 million dollars to date. Almost $10 million more than the top 10 UFC earners combined have earned, dating back from 2004. Miguel Cotto is only the 3rd top earner in the US.

Comment

Very original thread. I never heard this before. I love your concept and you're very smart too. No one ever came up with this before.

Feb 2nd, 1967

Comment

Get outta here.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Enlighten me if i'm wrong. But The UFC is like one big promotional company, who also refuses to do business with other companies that were around like StrikeForce, etc. Dana White would only do business with a fighter from another MMA company, if that fighter joins the UFC.

I am asking, not saying this. I don't know, because I don't follow the business of MMA. But this is the impression I got when I briefly was into MMA.

If it like this, then this is no better than Bob Arum only doing business with a fighter who joins Top Rank, and isolating all other promotional companies from big events.

Also, for such a brutal sport, the fighter salaries are disgusting.

Overall Top Ten Earning Fighters in 2012
                    (data updated to UFC 150)

1 Rashad Evans* $ 710,000
                    2 Jon Jones $ 400,000
                    3 Forrest Griffin $ 350,000
                    4 Tito Ortiz $ 325,000
                    5 Jake Shields* $ 300,000
                    6 Vitor Belfort* $ 279,000
                    6 Anderson Silva $ 275,000
                    8 Michael Bisping $ 275,000
                    9 Fabricio Werdum* $ 265,000
                    10 Wanderlei Silva* $ 265,000

=3,444,000

Miguel Cotto's 2012 earnings: $15 Million dollars. Miguel Cotto, the 3rd most popular boxer in the US, this year made 4x and a half more than UFC's top 10 2012 earners, COMBINED.

Top career earners in the UFC, from UFC 46[2004]-Present.

1 Chuck Liddell* $4,320,000
                    2 Tito Ortiz* $4,075,000
                    3 Quinton Jackson* $3,240,000
                    4 Georges St-Pierre * $3,102,000
                    5 Randy Couture* $3,045,000
                    6 Brock Lesnar $2,825,000
                    7 Michael Bisping* $2,710,000
                    8 Rashad Evans* $2,697,000
                    9 Anderson Silva * $2,671,000
                    10 B.J. Penn * $2,650,000

31,335,000 million combined.

In 2012, against Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather Jr earned $40million dollars. $9million more than the total amount that the top 10 earners of UFC combined, have earned in a span of 8 years.

Dating back from 2009, Miguel Cotto has made $40 million dollars to date. Almost $10 million more than the top 10 UFC earners combined have earned, dating back from 2004. Miguel Cotto is only the 3rd top earner in the US.
                    Flawless victory!!!

Comment

ufc will never be bigger than boxing....never.

Comment

Working...
                      X