No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Toney Stops Bobby Gunn In Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Toney Stops Bobby Gunn In Five Rounds

By Jake Donovan - Faded former three-division champion James “Lights Out” Toney picked up his first win in more than a year with a 5th round stoppage over Bobby Gunn in their heavyweight bout Saturday evening at the Landers Center in Southhaven, Mississippi.

Toney managed to gain nearly 50 lb. in the five months since his lopsided points loss to current cruiserweight titlist Denis Lebedev last November. The extra poundage hardly mattered against Gunn, who came in at a career-heaviest 210 lb as he was coming up in weight. [Click Here To Read More]

That's why the Bltchkos are ducking him. If they get in the ring w/ JT it's going to be lights out. <-- I can predict with 99.8999989% certainty that that is what he's going to say.

Comment

This is not only a victory for James Toney, but also a victory for fat people everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        This is not only a victory for James Toney, but also a victory for fat people everywhere!
        Loooool

Comment

youtube????

Comment

to be honest i wasn't sure he was going to win. 50lbs in 5 months isn't exactly training hard. i even thought an upset could happen. i love toney & was a little worried. glad he got the stoppage vs gunn. he hadn't knocked anyone out in years. matt greer in 08 i think was the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              to be honest i wasn't sure he was going to win. 50lbs in 5 months isn't exactly training hard. i even thought an upset could happen. i love toney & was a little worried. glad he got the stoppage vs gunn. he hadn't knocked anyone out in years. matt greer in 08 i think was the last time.
              damn it was that long ago???

Comment

The Pillsbury Dough Boy is back, a disgrace 2 himself & boxing...

Comment

Who's next?

Comment

Damn... I actually thought he had some kind of self control after losing 50 lbs to fight lebedev. Anyone have any kind of coverage from the fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X