Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye Feels Vitali Will Retire, Doesn't Expect a Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

That's right davey, Vitali won't give you another payday and spot in the limelight, so just shut up and retire, loser.
      Last edited by Weltschmerz; 01-21-2013, 01:33 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Objectively, emotions aside, Haye is the second best in the HW now.
        The first is Wladimir
        The number two is Haye. Proven.
        Wach has already showed the values of others unbeaten prospects...

Comment

Wow, Vitali goes out ducking. lol

Comment

Can't this fraud retire already, sick of his mouth getting him headlines. The fight could of been made a long time ago.

Comment

It seems like they both do want to fight one another, but who knowa? Haye is also still trying to be the shot caller. He's waving his arms for attention, calling Vitali a duck and that he'll fight for less money. Where was this guy in 2009?

and now Vitali, who's been nothing but ready to fight Haye all these years, is obligated to fight him on the verge of retirement and coming off a shaky performance against Charr?

I don't see it.

I'm not trying to point finger all at Haye, as I am a fan of both fighters. We must also remember that the WBC banned Haye as a challenger for their title, and only lifted the ban this past September.

I am thinking that Vitali should and will retire. Haye is chasing the fight because Vitali is older and Wlad doesn't want to give him a rematch out of spite (rightly so).

If David Haye wants a title, he could easily fight fight Povetkin and take his mandatory shot at Wlad. I like Haye's style and if he's going to try to be champ, he should be active and willing to fast the best; Wladimir. He's taken the back door to the title once already.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

It seems like they both do want to fight one another, but who knowa? Haye is also still trying to be the shot caller. He's waving his arms for attention, calling Vitali a duck and that he'll fight for less money. Where was this guy in 2009?

and now Vitali, who's been nothing but ready to fight Haye all these years, is obligated to fight him on the verge of retirement and coming off a shaky performance against Charr?

I don't see it.

I'm not trying to point finger all at Haye, as I am a fan of both fighters. We must also remember that the WBC banned Haye as a challenger for their title, and only lifted the ban this past September.

I am thinking that Vitali should and will retire. Haye is chasing the fight because Vitali is older and Wlad doesn't want to give him a rematch out of spite (rightly so).

If David Haye wants a title, he could easily fight fight Povetkin and take his mandatory shot at Wlad. I like Haye's style and if he's going to try to be champ, he should be active and willing to fast the best; Wladimir. He's taken the back door to the title once already.
                Agree with most of this.

Back in 09 when they were supposed to fight, Haye was going to be getting a large fee for the fight from Setanta sports, when Setanta went bust, Haye had no title, and no financial backing so he canned the fight.

Once he got a title he began to angle for the right deal, it pissed a lot of people off, and people called him a "ducker" but when the 50/50 offer was finally made, he accepted and the fight happened. It proved in the long run to be smart business sense, as instead of fighting for the usual measly klitschko payday, he went the longer route and came out set up for life financially.

Haye doesn't need to make money now, he legitimately wants to fight, and doesn't need to worry about dragging out negotiations.

Haye haters will refute all of this, but if you have an ounce of common sense, it's easy to see what Haye was really doing, he's not some scrub off the street who fight the Klitschkos for a couple hundred grand, like most of these "contenders", he's very business savvy and made sure he got rich off boxing, making 12 million pound from his klitschko fight.

Vitali has no obligation to fight him, it'd be good for the fans I think, a big fight, but it may or may not happen.

Comment

Haye surely can make a big money in the other fights too. What is the real reason of his retirement?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    Haye surely can make a big money in the other fights too. What is the real reason of his retirement?
                    to be perfectly honest with you, I think the hunger has gone.

He's a wealthy man now, his aim was to win a world title, make enough money to be comfortable for life, and get out young with no injuries. He's achieved all that, so it takes more than a smallish fight to lure him back.

Make of it what you will, but you have to understand how Haye's mind works, he looks at his old idols like Holyfield and just thinks he doesn't want to end up like that.

Comment

Fair enough. We cannot ask someone to risk his health and body over and over again.
                      but IMO he should stop with Vitali story. It is what it is. Vitali will not change his decision because haye is constantly calling him out.
                      They both should retire.

Comment

Working...
                      X