Broner will re-ignite American interest in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner will re-ignite American interest in Boxing

Mark my words.

When it should be a guy like Ward. But w/e Broner's doing his thing.

Comment

No. He won't. I'm sorry.

I hate to be disrespectful but no 5'7 lightweight is going to bring boxing back.
      It have to be a Mike Tyson like or Muhammad Ali like Heavyweight.

Even a Riddick Bowe have 10x the chance of reigniting boxing in America than a Adrian Broner.

Heavyweights is the life line of American boxing, it is what it is.

If you have a 6'5 American right now with the skills of Bowe or Lewis, and he's 23? It's over.

But America don't.

Comment

gotta agree. almost everybody i know, was watching this fight. they love the kid.

he's definitly got the streets buzzing.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post
          gotta agree. almost everybody i know, was watching this fight. they love the kid.

he's definitly got the streets buzzing.

That's funny, I'm in college and nobody from my entire Frat knows who Broner is, but they still know who Tyson is.

Once again.. it have to be a heavyweight.

You guys are too into the tiny guys, because you guys are hardcore fans. But the casuals is not going to buy no 5'7 guy and don't bring up Pacquaio as an example because a variety of circumstances made that work and Floyd was the benefactor of that in terms of marketing.

But in general, boxing will not be 'back' until another Tyson or Ali lights up the HW.

Comment

Originally posted by #thirsty View Post
            When it should be a guy like Ward. But w/e Broner's doing his thing.
            Ward will end up with Hopkins-like popularity. alot of casual fans know him and watched him against dawson, but actually pay to see him? i don't think so. he'll be watched and recognized as a great fighter but most likely not a PPV attraction.

Broner has the crossover superstar potential of Mayweather and DLH. and KO's along with his personality definitely helps.
            Last edited by Catch~Fade; 11-18-2012, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
              That's funny, I'm in college and nobody from my entire Frat knows who Broner is, but they still know who Tyson is.

Once again.. it have to be a heavyweight.

You guys are too into the tiny guys, because you guys are hardcore fans. But the casuals is not going to buy no 5'7 guy and don't bring up Pacquaio as an example because a variety of circumstances made that work and Floyd was the benefactor of that in terms of marketing.

But in general, boxing will not be 'back' until another Tyson or Ali lights up the HW.
              you're from the UK.

casuals only like heavyweights? LMAO is that why Floyd and Manny are the biggest draws in the world?

Comment

If Manny Pacquaio was a 6'2 Heavyweight Tyson clone, his PPV'S will be 2 million against some bum like Wach.

I know where you guys are coming from because you guys are hard core fans(any poster that post on sites are) but the casuals really do need a big guy.

Like Tyson said

"Smaller guys are more skilled than us but the public just love seeing two giants beating each other up more'

Comment

He is right, outside of hardcore fans no one knows who Broner or Ward even are.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post
                    you're from the UK.

casuals only like heavyweights? LMAO is that why Floyd and Manny are the biggest draws in the world?
                    Their not.
                    They are the biggest boxing draws which equates to **** all.
                    750 Million watched the World cup.
                    Floyd and Manny sells 1-2 million PPV. A tiny **** portion.

Let me pull out some stats that I can prove.

Muhammad Ali vs Ernie Shavers was watched by 50% of America.
                    Go look it up.
                    50% of the ENTIRE country.
                    This was a rapidly shot Ali too.

If Ali was in this era, he will be doing 10 million PPVS.

Comment

Working...
                    X