No announcement yet.

Illuminati card game, your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
    The game may have been created in 1994 but are you sure the cards have not been redesigned recently and after 911? The Twin Towers,Pentagon and Obama type President just seem too much of a coincedence.
    It's really not a coincidence at all, unless of course your mind is susceptible to seeing conspiracies everywhere you look.

1.) The "Twin Towers" Card - It's actually not the twin towers at all, just two buildings positioned closely together as one would find in any large, metropolitan area.

Furthermore the labeling of the drawing as a 'terrorist nuke' is completely wrong on two levels : 1.) Planes brought down the twin towers, and 2.) A nuke would destroy an entire City, not just put a hole in a building.

Finally, building bombings have been around since the 1980s (probably even earlier, though I'm too lazy to do the research right now), so it doesn't exactly take a psychic to predict that terrorists would continue to bomb buildings as a means of killing civilians.

2.) The Pentagon - Falls into the category with the last bit of info about building bombings above : It should come as no surprise to anybody that terrorists like to blow important **** up, and it gets no more important than the Pentagon.

3.) "Obama" - It's not Obama. It's just some multi-cultural looking guy in a black suit, standing at a podium. Lots of people wear suits and speak at podiums - That doesn't mean they're the President. Furthermore, if the creator of the cards meant to imply that this was our President, why not put a white house seal on the podium or on the curtain behind him?

I'll tell you why : So people who feed into this line of thinking would see these rather vague cartoon drawings and immediately jump to conclusions about them being some kind of revelation or prophecy, that's why.

You'll excuse me if I don't immediately proclaim that the guy who sells 'Super Munchkin' and 'Ninja Burger' card games is a psychic or prophet.

Comment

^^^^ This

Its confirmation bias. They pick out all the stuff which seems to compare to real life events, but completely overlook all the stuff which didnt happen; nukes, clock tower explosions, and the many other cards that were made in this game.
      They pick out a few, excuse the inaccuracies as 'symbolic' or just ignore them, and connect the dots as they choose.

What used to be seen as mystical prophesy from someone like Nostradamus or fortune tellers, has been replaced by Illuminati and conspiracy theories.

They say these things cant just be coincidence, yet they dont really understand probabilities and how bizarre they can appear if you dont take into consideration all the variables.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
          The Illuminati card game was created in 1994 by a fellow named Steve Jackson. The card game is your regular old card game with the ultimate purpose of winning is to take over the world. However, what I found noteworthy about this card game is the depiction on some of the cards... Allow me to illustrate.

Is there a way to authenticate if this cards were really created in 1994?

Comment

Humans don't conspire. Ever.

Comment

Creepy. The probability borders the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                The Illuminati card game was created in 1994 by a fellow named Steve Jackson. The card game is your regular old card game with the ultimate purpose of winning is to take over the world. However, what I found noteworthy about this card game is the depiction on some of the cards... Allow me to illustrate.

"
                Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                Is there a way to authenticate if this cards were really created in 1994?
                According to the all knowing Bringer you and I fall into this category

"It's really not a coincidence at all, unless of course your mind is susceptible to seeing conspiracies everywhere you look."

for making the same connections LOL. If you are sensible like the Great Bringer there is no way you can relate Terrorist Nuke card to the twin Towers. He explains it all in his tremendous post.
                Last edited by Isaac Hunt; 11-12-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

"It's really not a coincidence at all, unless of course your mind is susceptible to seeing conspiracies everywhere you look."

for making the same connections LOL.
                  Bringer is my man but my argument would be based on whether this is authentic or not. I'd go to the extent of computing the probability of this happening if those cards were really created in 1994.

Comment

for making the same connections LOL. If you are sensible like the Great Bringer there is no way you can relate Terrorist Nuke card to the twin Towers. He explains it all in his tremendous post.

Human beings would never conspire. Ever.

---Neckbearded, Virgin.
                    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                      Bringer is my man but my argument would be based on whether this is authentic or not. I'd go to the extent of computing the probability of this happening if those cards were really created in 1994.
                      Well I hope you are sitting down because those cards were created in 1994 or 1995.

Heres a gallery:

http://media.adamdodson.org/index.ph...nati-Card-Game

Comment

Working...
                      X