Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams: "He just caught me with a lucky punch"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like Williams as a boxer and hope he continues to succeed, but these excuses annoy me.

Comment

Hopefully this means he wants a rubber match.

Comment

i wont say lucky punch as he had it coming. but to everyone commenting about keeping the hands up and all that. notice martinez has both his hands down as well. little sloppy on both if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
          With all the Bandwagon Martinez Fans sprouting outta nowhere, I hope P.Will gets a rematch and bring the bandwagon fans back down to earth.
          Band wagon? bring him back down to earth? People have been backing this guy since he was first given a chance to shine on HBO and Paul Williams got beat decisevely. I tell you what when Paul Williams gives Carlos Quintana a rematch then we can talk William vs Martinez 3.

Comment

All fun'n games till the next lucky punch.

Comment

After Paul watches the tape, I hope he changes his statement. He fell into a trap set by Sergio, the left was the most consistant punch that Sergio was able to land, and he wasn't gonna weather a full blown PWill onslaught, so he set a trap since he saw it was landing. That my friends is beautiful Boxing IQ on the part of Sergio. Paul needs to view the film and make corrections end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by bushleaguer666 View Post
                i wont say lucky punch as he had it coming. but to everyone commenting about keeping the hands up and all that. notice martinez has both his hands down as well. little sloppy on both if you ask me.
                Martinez has the foot movement, reflexes, and speed to get away with it. While this works to Martinez's advantage because he's a counter puncher, it doesn't work for brawlers like Williams. Huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bushleaguer666 View Post
                  are you serious martinez drops his hands on purpose while pwill does it because he has no defense

Comment

how can a shot that he was getting hit with all night the first fight and in the rematch be l;ucky? its jsut that one put his ass out

Comment

Williams is obviously in denial, as most boxers would be in a similar situation. He needs to keep his confidence up otherwise he's finished at the top level, and if that involves deluding himself into thinking that Martinez got lucky so be it. At the same time, his not acknowledging that he was beat by the better man by a very deliberate punch that Sergio was trying to catch him with from the very start of the fight, is not going to do him any favours in the future, especially if they have a third match.

Comment

Working...
                      X