Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute Dominates Glen Johnson Easy Over Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see bute winning a close but clear 7-5, 8-4 unanimousdecision.

Comment

Oh man, I honestly don't know. Johnson looked bad against Cloud, then he looks good against Froch. I'm probably gonna say Bute, U.D.

Comment

Johnson has lost one step too many to keep up with Bute right now IMO probably losing a clear but competitive decision.

Comment

tough fight for both guys, but i'd say bute by decision in a pretty close fight.

Comment

I think Bute will win a tough but clear decision.

Johnson's a tough fighter and he will make Bute work his butt off for 12 rounds but Johnson is declining imo.

It was clear to me in the Froch fight. He wasn't able to pressure Froch like he wanted to because his stamina let him down as the fight progressed which had never been a problem for Johnson in the past.

Comment

Kelly Pavlik is trash, don't even mention him.

Comment

a Clear UD for Bute in a somewhat competitive fight

Comment

Johnson is awfully old now, and slow. Then again Bute is probably not knocking him out and he hasn't been in a tough distance fight for a while. I don't think the old man has another big effort left in him though.

Comment

I think I have to pick Glenn. He may be older, but he landed some MASSIVE shots on Carl Froch that would have put some guys on the canvas. If Glenn goes in there and puts in the work, I think he's likely to defeat Bute.

I like Bute as well as Glenn though; this would be an excellent fight to wash the taste of the Andrade controversy out of the fans mouths. Its the right time for him to step up in competition and show us what he's really made of.
                    Last edited by paulf; 09-26-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Bute-Johnson
                      Kessler-Stieglitz

Ward-Froch (on Dec 17)

The fall schedule is looking good for the super middleweight division.

Comment

Working...
                      X