Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Glovokin will beat anyone from 154 to 168
    He'd get mauled by Ward.
    Let him prove himself as a middleweight. He'd be a tiny 168.

Comment

Glovokin will beat anyone from 154 to 168

Comment

Henry Tillman was a joke as a pro Glovokin doesn't appear to be a joke
        He still "Holds two wins over Tyson"

Which is about as relevant as Golovkins "wins" over Bute and Dirrell.

Comment

Froch absolutely punishes ggg

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He still "Holds two wins over Tyson"

Which is about as relevant as Golovkins "wins" over Bute and Dirrell.
            So you don't think Golovkin beats Bute and Dirrell now?

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            He'd get mauled by Ward.
            Let him prove himself as a middleweight. He'd be a tiny 168.
            with the right (or wrong for Ward) ref, I think Golovkin can be competitive with Ward who isn't the biggest puncher
            Last edited by Weebler I; 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Froch would stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                Froch is a giant compared to GGG. And we don't know GGGs full potential yet as we do with Froch.

With that said, people shouldn't sleep on Golovkins amateur boxing background. He's got some serious impressive wins there, and while it's not EXACTLY the same as pro fighting it says something. The correlation between a great amateur = great pro is there more often than it's not.
                And his style definitely caters better to pro than amateur boxing.

Mark my words, Golovkin will be the middleweight kingpin for the next 5 years.
                Golovkin is 5'10, 160lbs, Froch is 6ft and reckons he can make 164lbs. I'm not sure the size disparity is all that great. It's certainly true that Froch is vastly more proven at the professional level however. I'm not saying the fight should happen, just discussing its potential.

I think this fight could come down to punch resistance. It would be interesting to see how Golvokin would take flush punches from a heavy hitter.

He skills are very impressive and all the more so because he's not back-peddling and covering up like some skilled fighters, he's the hunter in the ring pressing the action which makes it exciting.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Not a chance.

Froch would maul him. I think he'd win just about every round on the way to a stoppage win.

I also think Abraham would beat GGG.
                  Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 01-20-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    So you don't think Golovkin beats Bute and Dirrell now?
                    Not sure, hard to say at this point considering how unproven he is.

What I do know, is his "wins" over them are as relevant as Henry Tillman's "wins" over Mike Tyson.

I.e They are irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      After Golovkin's impressive victory over Rosado, does anyone think would beat Froch?

Bear in mind that like Froch, GGG has already wins over Bute and Dirrell.
                      this isnt the amateur ranks and ggg still hasnt proved himself enough to be in the same sentence as froch. he might be a great fighter, in fact i think he is or atleast will be. but you cant compare him to froch until he proved himself against a fighter of that caliber. rosado and proksa are good wins but its not enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X