No announcement yet.

jerry quarry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerry quarry

What type of fighter was he? How will he go down in history?

Quite possibly THE most underrated Heavyweight of all time.

Faced one of the staunchest levels of opposition ever, and came away with one of the better resumes in Heavyweight history. (Patterson, Lyle, Shavers, Foster etc.)

Top 25 ATG IMHO.

Comment

He was my boxing coaches favorite boxer. He had me watch most of his fights he was very tough and pretty slick. His fights with frazier were brutal.

Comment

He was underrated.

Comment

Jerry was a plaesure to watch. He did everything pretty well.......punched hard with both hands. I look at him as the ultimate proving ground for an era of heavyweights. He had awesome fighters above him that you neded to get through him to get to.

Comment

I sparred with him

Back in the seventies I sparred with him in NYC. He had a wicked left hook and crunching short right to the head. Watch him give Ron Lyle a boxing lesson, demolish Mac Foster and Earnie Shavers on YouTube. George Foreman admitted he ducked Jerry. His manager Dick Saddler said "on a given night, Jerry could have given George trouble". Jerry may well have been the best man never to win the heavyweight championship.

Comment

Working...
            X