Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is NSB more upset about May/Ortiz than Team Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
    Enlighten me......
    are you dense? it's not just NSB it's the whole boxing community.

and what do you expect from Team Ortiz? they don't have a leg to stand on even if they file a case since the punch was legal.

drill this into your head, the discussion isn't if the punch was legal or not, it's if it was a classless sucker punch coming from self-proclaimed ATG.

Comment

Because people were dumb and thought Ortiz had a chance just because he's young. They can't accept that they were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
        are you dense? it's not just NSB it's the whole boxing community.

and what do you expect from Team Ortiz? they don't have a leg to stand on even if they file a case since the punch was legal.

drill this into your head, the discussion isn't if the punch was legal or not, it's if it was a classless sucker punch coming from self-proclaimed ATG.
        And that discussion is an exercise in futility....

We can play "Ring Around the Rosie" all day about it. Whether Mayweather's actions were classless or not is a matter of opinion. I somewhat lean towards that opinion myself, but it means nothing.

As for Floyd's apparent ATG status having something to do with anything, here's what I have to say about it:

1- Mayweather probably didn't expect Ortiz to take anything more than the first shot before he put his hands up.

2- Floyd probably didn't expect to KO Victor with his second shot. (Mayweather's not exactly known for his power.)

3- Mayweather was under no obligation to give a man who had blatantly head-butted him any sportsmanlike (assuming you think his actions were un-sportsmanlike to begin with) consideration.

To imply that Floyd should've allowed the fight to go any further than necessary in order to prove his greatness is rather naive. It's a fight, not an exhibition. The ultimate objective is to go home early, preferably with another notch in the "W" column.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Because people were dumb and thought Ortiz had a chance just because he's young. They can't accept that they were wrong.
          Anyone who thought Vic had anything but the slimmest of punchers chances probably havent ever watched the sport or were a ***** talking up teh 'young lion'.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            And that discussion is an exercise in futility....

We can play "Ring Around the Rosie" all day about it. Whether Mayweather's actions were classless or not is a matter of opinion. I somewhat lean towards that opinion myself, but it means nothing.

As for Floyd's apparent ATG status having something to do with anything, here's what I have to say about it:

1- Mayweather probably didn't expect Ortiz to take anything more than the first shot before he put his hands up.

2- Floyd probably didn't expect to KO Victor with his second shot. (Mayweather's not exactly known for his power.)

3- Mayweather was under no obligation to give a man who had blatantly head-butted him any sportsmanlike (assuming you think his actions were un-sportsmanlike to begin with) consideration.

To imply that Floyd should've allowed the fight to go any further than necessary in order to prove his greatness is rather naive. It's a fight, not an exhibition. The ultimate objective is to go home early, preferably with another notch in the "W" column.

never said the discussion could revert the decision. im just replying to his thread on point. you would be blind not to see that this discussion only exists here on NSB.

Comment

Enlighten me......
              Because we paid good money to watch a fight....

Team Ortiz got PAID.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                never said the discussion could revert the decision. im just replying to his thread on point. you would be blind not to see that this discussion only exists here on NSB.
                Which is why I included a second topic in my post, in reply to what you implied about Mayweather being a "self-proclaimed ATG." We're clearly in agreement that Floyd's actions were legal and, therefore, his win is irreversible.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyNumbers View Post
                  Because we paid good money to watch a fight....

Team Ortiz got PAID.
                  You see...it's comments like this that make it clear some people think Mayweather should have somehow carried Ortiz for a few rounds in order to give the fans "their money's worth". Anything can happen in boxing. Floyd is under no obligation to risk injury or a loss in order to satisfy anyone. Please refer to my earlier post just a few messages up for just a few thoughts on this matter.

Comment

Enlighten me......
                    It was a blantant payoff. Money May is going to make nearly 40 million when it's all said and done. Ortiz will make around 3 mill. Floyd tossed him and his team another couple of mill on the side to make it look good for a couple of rounds and then to let Floyd get the KO.

Ortiz could have easily gotten back up after that punch and if he were embarrassed, you know his trainer would have been pissed and tried to complain to the ref. Did he do that? Heck no, his entire team had huge smiles on their faces as well as Ortiz.....wonder why.

There is the rematch clause which was likely used as bait to get Ortiz to agree as well. Now with all the controversy surrounding the fight, the call for a rematch will be pretty heavy and it gives Floyd a way around fighting Pac.
                    If Mayweather retires now, it won't be long before Ortiz and his team come out with the truth....it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X