Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you prevent dogs from chasing you when you do your roadwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you prevent dogs from chasing you when you do your roadwork?

How can you lower the chances of a dog attack/chase while running? I saw Jack Dempsey in a video of him holding a stick while running? HELP!!

Not running in places where dogs will chase you?

Comment

bring a baseball bat.

Comment

Go buy one of those air horn things at your local hardware store.

Comment

Treadmill??

Comment

I usually line my pockets with bacon, works every time.

Comment

call animal control if its a serious issue., especially if you believe that these dogs are chasing you to be violent

how many dogs are there and how frequent are the "attacks?"

and how would you characterize the chase? are these dogs trying to catch up and say hi, or are they looking to protect//dominate their turf, or are they simply chasing after you to bite your legs off?

if you call animal control you might indeed be signing the death certificate of the dog. if it gets pulled from the home and cant be adopted because of aggression it will be put down.
              that being said if you and your neighbors and all of the neighborhood kids are in danger because of a violent dog then you've got to do what you've got do to

coming from a dog person, is all of this.

Comment

I can't come close to guessing how many road, park, track, beach, country miles I've covered running over the last 17 years. I've never had a problem with a dog!!

It is perhaps once a year that one will run towards me (never growling or aggressive) and their owner will shout them back.

You are probably more likely to get bit by a poisonous snake in the undergrowth or trampled by a cow/bull (and the chances of this happening are probably in the hundreds of thousands to one). Dogs are the least of your worries when running.........

Comment

scare the **** out of them and they will not bother you

Comment

kick them in the face

Comment

Working...
                    X