Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Kirkland will likely fight at the beginning of 2012. Title shot likely.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Kirkland will likely fight at the beginning of 2012. Title shot likely.

Gabriel_Montoya Gabriel Montoya™
    Spoke w/ Eric Gomez who told me James Kirkland will likely fight at the beginning of 2012. They are awaiting TV dates. Title shot likely

Team Ishida welcomes a rematch with Kirkland. Says he sees no change in Kirkland other than condition. Gomez said its unnecessary.

Finally, Ishida was not knocked out by Canelo in sparring. He took a knee. First day of sparring in high altitude got to him. #boxing

Team Ishida welcomes a rematch with Kirkland. Says he sees no change in Kirkland other than condition. Gomez said its unnecessary.

Comment

he took a knee

Comment

what does that mean he took a knee?

Comment

think kirkland will fight k9 or canelo.

Comment

Maybe he can fight the winner of the Cotto - Margarito fight.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              what does that mean he took a knee?
              Sounds like he was tired on the first day of sparring and took a knee.

Comment

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like to see an Ishida rematch.

Comment

Lol, Kirkland fight Canelo? The WBC will make sure he's nowhere near him until he looks vulnerable. Why do you think he's fighting a crappy looking Cintron instead of Molina who but raped him?
                  Kirkland should fight K9 since he's open to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Spoke w/ Eric Gomez who told me James Kirkland will likely fight at the beginning of 2012. They are awaiting TV dates. Title shot likely
                    Early 2012 rules out the winner of Cotto-Margarito II (Doubt it would happen, regardless of the date of the fight-Arum has a lot more profitable options out there for the winner of that fight). Canelo would probably fight Chavez Jr. before Kirkland and I've never even heard off the WBO JMW title holder, I doubt HBO would approve of that fight. It almost has to be K9, if Kirkland wants a title shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X