No announcement yet.

the NEW/old Bika?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the NEW/old Bika?

Veteran boxer Sakio Bika destroyed the old myth that "old dogs can't learn new Tricks"! He thought he was Ray Leonard for 12 rounds as he shut out a very over rated Sjekloca on the Broner card last night in N.J.!
    The old veteran was double and triple jabbing and dropping big left hooks on his slow footed opponent who had no answers for the reincarnated Bika! I had Bika winning in a shut out as Sjekloca had no answers for the "new speedy handed" Bika! Te Serbian based middleweight was another undefeated fighter who dieted on "home cooking" far to long in his career. It was evident that he was a very limited talent with an over blown record!! This was an eliminator for the 168lb. title. Champ Andre Ward had a good tuff bout against Bika in 2010 and obviously won but the "new & improved" Bika may increase his chances against Ward this time around! Ray.

He beat up a guy who stood around letting him try out all those things he worked on in the gym.

I like Bika and thought he looked good, but I don't want anybody to try and start selling me a rematch with Ward.

Comment

It's hard to gauge if Bika significantly improved or if his weak opponent complimented him. I wanna see him against somebody like Stevenson, Rodriguez or Oosthuizen, then we'll find out what's what.

Comment

What an upset it would be if Bika beat Ward. He'd have to stop him, there's no way he'd get a decision.

Comment

speedy handed? no way

the guy could not "tek" his punches

Comment

Bika looked pretty good last night with his "new arsenal". The Serbian came on later in the fight but Bika was making it happen with the jab. He is getting older now and I could noticeably see a slide in his speed and reflexes from previous fights but having the ability to effectively use the jab to keep opponents honest and switching up his attack will counter that in future fights.

I kind of think Cunningham is an ass (with his comments and the like) but I think he has done a pretty good job with Bika and he deserves full credit as a great trainer.

Comment

The only difference was that he wasn't AS reckless...

Comment

Bika is an excellent barometer of up and comers

Hard as ****ing nails with a head made out of granite but will never be a top drawer fighter.

If you can beat him it means you're a serious contender

In the same bracket as Glencoffe Johnson as a tough, durable bastard who makes everyone they fight dig deep if they are gonna beat him

Comment

Bika improved, but I wanna see him do that to someone like Bute or Froch before I would want to see him fight Ward... but he IS Ward's mando

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup
                    Bika improved, but I wanna see him do that to someone like Bute or Froch before I would want to see him fight Ward... but he IS Ward's mando
                    Froch-Bika would be nice

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X