Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let's talk about Paul Williams and the Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he should, he fought everyone without question and moved from weight to weight to get fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      Which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Cotto IS a HoF fighter and Williams is not it is that simple, period end of discussion.

Also the HoF isn't a popularity contest, you can be a B or C fighter and still get in, such as Gatti. He deserved a spot not because he beat or was a great fighter, but what he did for the sport. He put his heart and soul into every fight, gave his all and was entertaining as hell to watch, win or lose that is his legacy and what he is known for. Williams biggest call to fame was getting KTFO and nothing more, seriously this thread and topic is just a complete joke.

Stallone got in the celebrity ring and some people think it is stupid, I personally don't. It did A LOT for the sport of boxing especially the first movie, it easily made new fans and just was great. If you do something great for the sport does it make you popular 99% of the time yes, but you don't get in just because you are well known. Williams in the HoF is flat out pathetic to even bring up, this is what boxing has come to unfortunately.
      Agreed.

To me he's not even close. His best win was against Margs, and that was a very competitive close fight. When you have to bring up wins against Carlos Quintana and Kermit the frog to make an argument for HOF legitimacy then it's probably not even close.

Comment

love the dude hope he gets better but in terms of hall of fame nope!,

this canelo fight was a make em or break em fight for paul

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
          Agreed.

To me he's not even close. His best win was against Margs, and that was a very competitive close fight. When you have to bring up wins against Carlos Quintana and Kermit the frog to make an argument for HOF legitimacy then it's probably not even close.
          His best win is quite clearly against Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            His best win is quite clearly against Martinez.
            In hindsight because of what Martinez has done after that first match. But the Margs fight was bigger given Margs standing in the sport at that time. Margs was arguably the most avoided and feared fighter when Williams fought him. And it was less controversial than the first Martinez fight in which a lot of people saw Martinez as the victor.

Comment

In hindsight because of what Martinez has done after that first match. But the Margs fight was bigger given Margs standing in the sport at that time. Margs was arguably the most avoided and feared fighter when Williams fought him. And it was less controversial than the first Martinez fight in which a lot of people saw Martinez as the victor.
              Ok, so like I said.... Martinez is quite clearly his best win.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                Ok, so like I said.... Martinez is quite clearly his best win.
                To you, not to me.

Comment

To you, not to me.
                  To pretty much everyone.

Comment

No. I think Castillo and Corrales should get in far ahead of Williams.

Comment

No way and it's not even close.

His best "win" was against Martinez who got robbed and we all saw what happened in the rematch.

Let's say Canelo fights Kirkland and Cotto in his next two fights and wins... does that make him a HOF? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X