Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto Looking for New Trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe his people think he's DONE! If I were his trainer I'd ask him to stop. Since 08' he's W6 L4 and got stopped twice! After his early career had so much success he is now at the crossroads! This gets very dangerous depending on his choices of opponents! Ive stated before that he is not the same fighter he was so why continue on. He has made millions and why risk your mental health over meaningless bouts! When your best is in the mirror you need your team to tell you ENOUGH! I hope he reconsiders! Ray

Comment

Cotto's problem is his stamina not his trainer.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Cotto will not change at this point...unless he gets with Floyd Sr or Roger.

Comment

Cotto should just hire back Phil Landman. Landman services were no longer needed after the Mayweather fight. Cotto's conditioning looked like dog **** in the Austin Trout fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

Cotto's problem is he was never elite, is now getting older and has been in too many wars.

Diaz is an excellent trainer, I have worked with him and he's a scientist when it comes to boxing. Cotto was praising his methods for so long and now people want another trainer?

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks" that's the bottom line. Cotto is a veteran of the sport, a really good boxer and your not going to come in a change what he does at this stage of his career.

You can try and tweak different things but it's no guarantee that he will change them when the bullets start flying.

Cotto's time is done, I predicted a Trout win and I think the only thing Trout did for Cotto was save him a brutal beating at the hands of Canelo.

Comment

cotto is always looking for a new trainer

Comment

This aint true at all, stop spreading nonsense!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Cotto's problem is he was never elite, is now getting older and has been in too many wars.

Diaz is an excellent trainer, I have worked with him and he's a scientist when it comes to boxing. Cotto was praising his methods for so long and now people want another trainer?

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks" that's the bottom line. Cotto is a veteran of the sport, a really good boxer and your not going to come in a change what he does at this stage of his career.

You can try and tweak different things but it's no guarantee that he will change them when the bullets start flying.

Cotto's time is done, I predicted a Trout win and I think the only thing Trout did for Cotto was save him a brutal beating at the hands of Canelo.
                  A mexicant, saying Cotto was never elite? Surprise surprise! lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

I'm not gonna read too much into the bold but I agree with the rest of your post.

Comment

True or not Cotto needs to pack it in and call it a career.

He's not broke, he has a plan B with his promotional company,not to mention a string of gas stations he owns in PR, he has his health and family intact.

Walk away from the game dude, you have way more than what most average Joe's will ever have.

Comment

Working...
                      X