Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Support President Obama's Gun Control Agenda?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Support President Obama's Gun Control Agenda?

Where do you loungers side on this issue?

Are you against it or for it?

Poll and Discuss....
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    55.00%
    Undecided
    5.00%

not really, no. Murder sprees are a symptom of a dysfunctional society, not a symptom of guns.

Comment

I stand firmly against it. While Obama puts good reason behind the gun control I cannot in any way radify my constitutional rights in any way, shape or form. Besides, why should the criminals be the only ones who get to use them. Well, the criminals and the government....... same thing............Rockin'

Comment

im against the banning of assault weapons but im for universal background checks and banning of high capacity clips.

why would anybody be against background checks? they should at least get that done.

Comment

I feel they have room to tighten up a few loopholes. They should enforce the laws we already have in place. If a killer wants to kill he'll use anything he can. If we took away guns completely he'll get a knife, etc etc. My only main concern is screwing over the people who genuinely use guns to protect themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
            im against the banning of assault weapons but im for universal background checks and banning of high capacity clips.

why would anybody be against background checks? they should at least get that done.
            They already do background checks, no?

I remember during the LA Riots, many of the Korean store owners, and store owners in general, wanted to buy guns immediately to protect their stores, but couldn't because of the waiting period (I think it was like 72 hours back in '92?). I have no idea what the laws are now but I always thought it was still similar, they do a background check and there is a waiting period.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              They already do background checks, no?

I remember during the LA Riots, many of the Korean store owners, and store owners in general, wanted to buy guns immediately to protect their stores, but couldn't because of the waiting period (I think it was like 72 hours back in '92?). I have no idea what the laws are now but I always thought it was still similar, they do a background check and there is a waiting period.
              40% of gun sales are thru "craigslist" type exchanges

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                not really, no. Murder sprees are a symptom of a dysfunctional society, not a symptom of guns.
                or icepicks.

Comment

or ricepicks.

Comment

I support certain points:

1) Boost Gun Owner Accountability & Responsibility: Those who are irresponsible with their guns and have them stolen should got to jail, similar to israel but not as harsh

2) Serious punishment for straw purchases

3) High cap mags: nobody needs them

4) Doctors should be allowed to talk guns with patients

5) Trace on guns

6) All the mental health and school measures

Im not sure why anybody wouldnt support background checks

Comment

Working...
                    X