Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last fighter you would have clearly favoured to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Same one that P Will beat? Or Shane? >__>...

Shane always had Floyd shook. I think Floyd is just weird like that.

False.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
      I only watched the fight once, but I remember it being fairly close. I think I just gave Matthysse the nod. I thought the Kotelnik fight was closer to a robbery. He was clearly outboxed that night.
      Both fights were robberies.

Comment

Floyd out boxes any version of margarit to...hearns had no chin...remember mayweather vs corrales...any version of cotto gets out boxed also...pacquiao by ko...pac man jus too small...ray leonard bests him buy sheer activity...breland...curry...by ko..

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't think it's fair to compare Mayweather who's at Welterweight is in his 4th weight class where he's relatively small against the ATG, natural, big WW's.

Mayweather's never faced a WW with the combination of size, power and subtle skills of Trinidad and I have no doubt that he would or should be favoured to beat him if a prime Trinidad were to fight an 06-07 Mayweather.
          If Trinidad landed, that would be it. Boom. A few good left hooks and Mayweather's done. But would he be able to get it in? Trinidad, to me at least, looked like an extremely refined streetfighter. If you could box him, he got confused and as his confidence deteriorated, his punch output dropped.

Comment

Ah man, PBF is something else. That said if they could have been put in the same weight category (assume MW), I would give prime RJJ a chance just cos of his sheer speed of foot.

In actuality, SR Leonard would be the most recent fighter to go in against PBF possibly as a fave.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              If Trinidad landed, that would be it. Boom. A few good left hooks and Mayweather's done. But would he be able to get it in? Trinidad, to me at least, looked like an extremely refined streetfighter. If you could box him, he got confused and as his confidence deteriorated, his punch output dropped.
              He'd land on him, of course.

Mayweather would box him and gave him problems but eventually his size would overwhelm him.

Trinidad is so much larger and more ferocious than anything Mayweather has ever seen, let alone the fact he's much bigger.

Comment

How far back do you have to go to find a fighter who you'd pick to beat a prime Floyd Mayweather at 147? I don't mean just have a chance, or be in the conversation, but rather somebody you'd actually expect to win. I suspect that, like myself, most of you guys don't give Pacquiao a huge chance, or even Martinez for that matter, so how far back do we have to go? Vernon Forrest? Trinidad? Whitaker? Leonard? Duran? Hearns?

Emile Griffith? Robinson? Armstrong?

Kid Gavilan? lol.

Seriously though, who can you put your finger on and say, yeah, that guy had the ability and style to give Mayweather fits.
                I really cant see Mayweather and his small frame surviving the Duran that beat Leonard. Thats a **** load to deal with and SRL barely made it out alive. Floyds punches wouldnt hurt Duran and he wouldn't land enough,

Comment

How far back do you have to go to find a fighter who you'd pick to beat a prime Floyd Mayweather at 147? I don't mean just have a chance, or be in the conversation, but rather somebody you'd actually expect to win. I suspect that, like myself, most of you guys don't give Pacquiao a huge chance, or even Martinez for that matter, so how far back do we have to go? Vernon Forrest? Trinidad? Whitaker? Leonard? Duran? Hearns?

Emile Griffith? Robinson? Armstrong?

Kid Gavilan? lol.

Seriously though, who can you put your finger on and say, yeah, that guy had the ability and style to give Mayweather fits.
                  Love the Michelle Jenneke gif, just wanted to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Margarito most likely had an illegal advantage in his gloves vs Cotto. That isn't my point though. Floyd isn't going to be right in front of Margs the way Cotto was and is much faster and WAY better defensively. Tony would be hitting air and being countered all night on his way to losing a UD. This is coming from someone who can't stand punk ass Floyd. I do think Floyd should have fought him though. Boxing is a business but not every fight has to be a mega payday. I have far more appreciation for fighters like Cotto who chase legacy and are willing to fight everyone.
                    As do I. I still like watching Floyd's fights too, but am a bigger Cotto fan. Since he lost his last fight, I'm not sure if he'll be a major contender for a while though. Funny thing about that too is Floyd seems to be big on legacy, but more in terms of staying undefeated, rather than fighting the best in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                      I'd say any of the Fab Four (Duran, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns).
                      Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      I really cant see Mayweather and his small frame surviving the Duran that beat Leonard. Thats a **** load to deal with and SRL barely made it out alive. Floyds punches wouldnt hurt Duran and he wouldn't land enough,
                      I see no flaw in that reasoning...

Comment

Working...
                      X