No announcement yet.

Ajose Olusegun appreciation.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajose Olusegun appreciation.

This thread will probably fall down the list with no comments, all i wanted to say is

that guy is ****ing tough.

There is a fine line between tough and stupid.

I have no idea he didn't put his hands up against the most lethal puncher in the division.

He could have fought way better than he did, I felt.

He has the hand speed, but a little short on the grey matter above the neck.

Comment

He beats every 140 lber not named matthysse. The sad part is, he might not be the same after this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

I have no idea he didn't put his hands up against the most lethal puncher in the division.

True, but its worked well for him in the past setting up counters etc etc. Obviously in this case he just couldnt hurt Lucas with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

even with his amateur background, he's probably never been in the ring with a puncher like mathysse

theres no way you can know that you really cant take a guy's punches if you've been taking everybody elses

he should have adjusted. he was fast and in the condition to box for 12. he didnt.

it was a viciuous fight. i kept thinking to myself "damn, this guy is going to carry this beating around with him for a long time."
          and he will. he'll probably never be the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            even with his amateur background, he's probably never been in the ring with a puncher like mathysse

theres no way you can know that you really cant take a guy's punches if you've been taking everybody elses

he should have adjusted. he was fast and in the condition to box for 12. he didnt.

it was a viciuous fight. i kept thinking to myself "damn, this guy is going to carry this beating around with him for a long time."
            and he will. he'll probably never be the same person
            I thought this too. He was repeatedly getting hit flush by a really dangerous guy.
            I am positive it aged him.

Mark Johnson was right on the money when he said this will teach him to keep his hands up.
            Maybe too late for that.

Comment

Ajose is a warrior but his heart may have cost him his future. Then again, you can't just assume a persons future. That's like saying absolutely no one in boxing's history haS taken a major beating and never came back better and an improved fighter. I would like to see how he comes back. I'll keep watching out for him

Comment

Big props to Ajose. Seeing his refusal to quit made the Miranda and Dawson quits all that more disappointing.

Comment

Olusegun is tough as they come and has tremendous heart. He kept coming back after being hurt over and over again.

Matthysse is a beast. If Ajose had been in with anyone else at 140 he'd likely have won last night.

Comment

He got hit with absolutely everything that mathysse threw at him.

The body shots were deep and the head shots started becoming more and more vicious as Olusegun kept slowing down.

It does not help that his best combinations were simply being walked through so, not only his body, but some of his confidence in his ability to keep another fighter off of him has been shaken.

From watching Olusegun's last fight, I believed he was out of his league but I didn't think Mathysse would come out with that such a focused and complete offensive arsenal. Mathysse didn't neglect any part of his body.

Comment

Working...
                    X