Manny Pacquiao Frontrunner For Fighter of the Decade Award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There reaches a point where all the praise lavished on Pacman confuses me

I loved the JMM fights and no question Pac is a great
    but Delahoya and Hatton and now fighter of the decade?!

Comment

Why the f uck is Cotto one of the choices? Lol

Comment

I couldnt argue if Bhop got it. I love Pac but for Bhop being in as long and defying the odds as much as he did is really impressive.

Comment

lol@ Pacquiao being fighter of the decade.
          • DECADE = 10 years
          • Fighter of the Decade = Best Fighter in a 10 year Span.
          • Meaning: 2000-2010
          • Not just: 2008 and 2009

Floyd has been fighting at a higher level than Pacquiao his whole career.

While Pacquiao was getting Lay out by nobodies. Floyd was winning Fighter of the year awards.

You guys need to remember Pacquiao JUST RECENTLY became considered the a top 10 fighter.

He recently just got on the Pound for Pound list in 2004..when he has been a pro just 1995..

So that means for the first four years of this decade he wasnt relevant.

From a General Point of view, Pacquiao has not sold more P.P.V than Mayweather when fighting the same opponent.

From a General Point of view, Pacquiao is not a complete fighter. When you compared him to Mayweather.

From a General Point of view,
          Floyd Mayweather is more Prestigious than Manny Pacquiao.

Floyd has been considered a great fight since 1998, he turned pro in 1996.
          Manny Pacquiao has recently just became consider a great fighter in 2004.
          he turn pro in 1995.

Floyd Mayweather:

Many Pacquiao:

So contrary to this thread aspersions to anoint Pacquiao the fighter of an entire decade. It is Mayweather who has Really Dominated and been more highly reguarded for a 10 year period longer than Pacquiao.
          • When Pacquiao lost to a past his prime eric morales Mayweather was still a champion.
          • When Pacquiao got that draw against JMM Mayweather was still champion.
          • When Pacquiao was getting Knocked out Mayweather was still champion.

Mayweather has been fighting at a high level for his whole career and be ranked highly his whole career.

Can we say the same about Pacquiao?

1. Name 5 fighters greater than floyd in his era
          2. Name 5 fighters that have done more than floyd in his era
          3. Name 5 fighters that has achieve what floyd has achieve in his era
          4. Name 5 fighters that has reign on top of the sport for a longer period of time in his era.

• You tell me 5 fighters in his era who have been Ranked on Ring Magazine's pound-for-pound list for TEN consecutive years.
          • You tell me 5 fighters of his era who have spent Three Years Atop of that List: 2005,2006,2007, End Jun/2008 (retire)

Comment

EVERYBODY in this thread Ask yourself a question.

Why is it that when both Pacquiao and Mayweather was active nobody rated Pacquiao higher than Mayweather, if Pacquiao suppose to be the fighter of this decade?

Dont you think People would have took note of this and had Manny Pacquiao
            ranked higher then Floyd Mayweather.
            in 1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007, and 2008.

Why in all these years did nobody ever say you know Floyd Mayweather,
            your #2 and Manny pacquiao is #1 ?

Why?

You why.

Because stats and facts dont lie.
            the only reason pacquiao is #1 is because Mayweather retired.
            he never overtook Mayweather. he just filled a vacancy.
            huge difference.

Once again Please just ask yourself this questions..

AND then ask yourself how can pacquiao be fighter of the decade.
            Last edited by Horus; 08-23-2009, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I will end my argument with this:

Aaron Pryor once said in a interview:

How do you think a fight between Aaron Pryor vs. Floyd Mayweather would have panned out?

AP: He fights so much like me, it would have been anybody's fight because you gonna have two people who can box and punch. He'd be tryin' to box me and I'd be tryin' to punch him. You know how that goes. So it would have been a fight for me if I was fighting today.

http://www.*********.com/article_detail.php?AT=110

So what does that tell you about what the greats think about Floyd...

Sugar Ray Leonard, one of the best fighters to ever step foot in a boxing ring, Said about Mayweather
              • "Mayweather is the best of his time".
              • "He's an amazing fighter,"
              • "Very economical. It's all about the eyes. He's one of the few fighters I've ever seen, like Muhammad Ali, he watches every move his opponent makes, and capitalizes on those mistakes. That's a gift. You can't teach that. Floyd's number one this era. He's proved that, against Oscar, now against Ricky Hatton. He's fought the best fighters of his era, so that puts him up there. There's a few more fights left in Floyd, and bigger and better things to come."

Kery Davis HBO executive said about Mayweather:
              • "Floyd wasn’t The Greatest of all time ,But He is the greatest of this Era."

Bernard Hopkins said about Mayweather.
              • "Floyd is the best fighter in the world of this era and he showed that round after round."

When Asked:
              • "Who is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, Hopkins or Mayweather?"

In a conversation with the Grand Rapids Press, Hopkins left no doubt as to which of them is the better fighter of their time.
              • "The best fighter of our era -- my era -- is Pretty Boy Floyd," Hopkins said. "There's no doubt."

Comment

how is cotto even mention on this list for fighter of the decade is beyond me.
                removed cotto and add Bhop..

Comment

there are four months left in the decade, those four better decide to fight each other before the year is up.hell, make it in dec.right before the year is up.the winner gets the trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharcyde View Post
                    LOL, what an ignorant post.
                    LOL, what an ignorant reply. Explain yourself to us boxing fans.

Comment

lol.copy and pasted from microsoft word, huh horus?

Comment

Working...
                      X