No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Victor Ortiz Lost His Head, Nothing New

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Victor Ortiz Lost His Head, Nothing New

Robert Garcia believes that Victor Ortiz, a fighter he used to train, mentally unraveled in his fight with Floyd Mayweather last Saturday, exhibiting “mental weakness” that he displayed in the amateurs and early in his professional career. Garcia also believes that Ortiz was happy when the fight was over, as evidenced by a smiling Ortiz, after he got sucker punched legally by Mayweather at the end of the fourth round. [Click Here To Read More]

I agree 700%. Also something wasn't right at the end. Look like some WWF ****.

Comment

Amazing

It's amazing how many people saw this fight the way it was and how many Mayweather haters are in denial. Some of the posts I read are so ridiculous I just go to the next post. Ortiz's former trainer, who should know him as a fighter better than anybody, put the straight facts out there. Ortiz just choked, was outclassed and wasn't ready for prime time. And he stated what I'd stated on other boards, and that is that Ortiz was happy the fight was over. I had said that I didn't think Mayweather could punch hard enough to put him down for the 10 count and he could have gotten up and continued the fight, but he chose to stay down and be counted out and collect his biggest paycheck yet. Hey, Berto, who hit him much harder than Mayweather did, put him on his ass twice and he got to his feet and went on to win the fight. No one is going to tell me that featherfisted Mayweather (as some of you like to call him) could put him down for a 10 count even though he wasn't expecting the punches.
      Last edited by bbwoof2000; 09-23-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bbwoof2000 View Post
        It's amazing how many people saw this fight the way it was and how many Mayweather haters are in denial. Some of the posts I read are so ridiculous I just go to the next post. Ortiz's former trainer, who should know him as a fighter better than anybody, put the straight facts out there. Ortiz just choked, was outclassed and wasn't ready for prime time. And he stated what I'd stated on other boards, and that is that Ortiz was happy the fight was over. I had said that I didn't think Mayweather could punch hard enough to put him down for the 10 count and he could have gotten up and continued the fight, but he chose to stay down and be counted out and collect his biggest paycheck yet. Hey, Berto, who hit him much harder than Mayweather did, put him on his ass twice and he got to his feet and went on to win the fight. No one is going to tell me that featherfisted Mayweather (as some of you like to call him) could put him down for a 10 count even though he wasn't expecting the punches.

Mayweather haters aren't in denial about Ortiz's actions. From what I read everyone seems to think Ortiz is a dumb **** ***** willow.

I hate Mayweather and personally my problem with his actions are that he deprived himself of impressive and dominating performance that would have furthered his legacy.

He had the fight under control, was killing Ortiz with the right hand, and was well on his way to finishing him inside the distance. He didn't need to do what he did, it made him look bad, it made boxing look bad and it pissed off a lot of people who paid good money to see a fight that ended in a more dramatic fashion and not the anti-climactic bull**** that they got instead.

Comment

LMFAO at all you mayweather nutt huggers
          wow its never ending

Comment

damn does robert garcia ever train fighters seems like he just endlessly talks ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Mayweather haters aren't in denial about Ortiz's actions. From what I read everyone seems to think Ortiz is a dumb **** ***** willow.

I hate Mayweather and personally my problem with his actions are that he deprived himself of impressive and dominating performance that would have furthered his legacy.

He had the fight under control, was killing Ortiz with the right hand, and was well on his way to finishing him inside the distance. He didn't need to do what he did, it made him look bad, it made boxing look bad and it pissed off a lot of people who paid good money to see a fight that ended in a more dramatic fashion and not the anti-climactic bull**** that they got instead.

The biggest draw and best fighter in boxing teaching a young fighter a total lesson was and is HUGE for boxing. Ortiz fought dirty from the opening bell and had it coming. Every major fighter in boxing agrees (excpept Manny and Team TR). No dirty fighting by Ortiz and he just gets stopped in the 7th or 8th round. Instead of haters trying to demean that great performance they would be demeaning the opponent so I say "GET OVER IT".

Comment

yeah, garcia has said this before, and once again it showed. sucks for ortiz, he has the potential to be pretty much at the top in years to come, i just think he's going to fall short of it when it's said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by bbwoof2000 View Post
                  No. That punch landed HARD. His eyes were gone and dude sat in a chair and couldn't stand up for a couple of minutes. I don't think he would beat the count if he wanted to. He tried to get out of the fight by doing stupid ****. Well, Floyd agreed to Ortiz' demand and got him out of there alright.

Comment

I dont understand how people can blame mayweather for the way the fight ended. It was all Ortiz's fault that he didnt keep his hands up. It is ortiz's Job as a fighter to keep his hands up, defend & Protect himself at all times. It was Ortiz's Fault because he should have known better & been smarter. That is not mayweathers fault and its not Mayweathers responsibility to tell Ortiz to put his hands up or pay attention when Mayweather starts throwing Punches. It was all Ortiz's doing and thats not even taking into account the Dirty ass intentional Head Butt he Put on Mayweather. Ortiz ****ed over the Fans plain and simple, not mayweather. He did what he said he was going to do. Ortiz did not. PLAIN & SIMPLE. A lot of people on here have Backward ass Logic.

Comment

Working...
                    X