No announcement yet.

Why is Adrian Broner fighting Rees???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Broner could be fighting Sergio freakin Martinez and people would still find a way to spin it negatively.
    Martinez was weight drained, and too old...

Broner brings this on himself though..

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
      Martinez was weight drained, and too old...

Broner brings this on himself though..
      no he doesn't. talking **** and getting your hair brushed after the fight does not factor at all in the assessment of an opponent if you are truly a boxing fan. There is no justiying posters that use who Broner is to evaluate who he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
        I almost put money on Demarco. I always thought he was underrated and thought he could be the one to expose broner. That was a solid test for Broner and he not only passed, he blew through him and made Tony look like a tomato can.

Other than Abril or Vasquez, who is ranked that could possibly be a tougher challenge than Demarco?
        I wish I could've found you.lol. I didn't think much of Demarco except the fact that he was really lengthy. Would've bet the house on Broner by KO anyway.

Comment

Of course it makes sense, they went after Burns and now they are fighting Rees. They want British fans to notice Broner. If it goes as plan and Broner dominates and gets a spectacular KO he will gain more casual fans on the other side of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            no he doesn't. talking **** and getting your hair brushed after the fight does not factor at all in the assessment of an opponent if you are truly a boxing fan. There is no justiying posters that use who Broner is to evaluate who he fights.
            Depends on your definition of a boxing fan. On one end I'd agree that factors outside the man's performance SHOULD NOT factor into the assessment at all if you are "truly a boxing fan". However, simple visual observation of the way in which boxing fans react to fighters behaviors and comments outside the ring (all the way back to the days of cassius clay) shows otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              I wish I could've found you.lol. I didn't think much of Demarco except the fact that he was really lengthy. Would've bet the house on Broner by KO anyway.
              I went back and forth on it quite a bit... I think in the end I put a couple bucks on Demarco, but I talked myself out of any sort of sizable bet.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                Why is broner fighting this stiff??

It doesn't makes sense financially, it lower Broners stock win or lose, plus no body is demanding it.

He could have fought, Vazque, Linares or simply jump to 140.

Whats your take guys??

because the can man takes on mexicans, americans and tomato cans

Comment

Rees is terrible. Burns is actually ok.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

the better question is who should he be fighting instead. and i mean fights that can happen rite now??? out of the fights that can happen, rees is the best and thats why hes fighting him

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                      Of course it makes sense, they went after Burns and now they are fighting Rees. They want British fans to notice Broner. If it goes as plan and Broner dominates and gets a spectacular KO he will gain more casual fans on the other side of the world.
                      good explanation

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                      Rees is terrible. Burns is actually ok.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      Burns makes me think about Litzau with more confidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X