No announcement yet.

Israel air strikes on Gaza kills Hamas leader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
    Don't you get it guys? This isn't about Hamas winning or losing. The dynamics of war has rapidly changed.

Think about this good sirs.

Hamas wins by merely baiting the IDF to TAKE THE FIELD.

How many militants do you think are there in Gaza firing those rockets? As many as a few thousand and as few as a few hundred and yet the IDF is forced to field a 16,000 man army and draft another 50,000 as reserves.

The collateral damage and human lives lost alone that the massive IDF force will inflict is in itself a "victory" for Hamas.

What Hamas is doing is merely to bait Israel to deal as much damage as possible which in turn will fan the hatred of muslims around the world especially in the mideast. Then the REAL FIGHT BEGINS.

Somebody needs to step up and stop this impending carnage.
    It might be 'victory' for Hamas, but it's a major defeat for the moderate muslims wanting a two-state solution. The fact that Hamas can master these attacks tells the world that the palestinians are not mature enough to make a lasting peace with. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Finally a good post from you
      All my posts are "good" sir. Most find it unacceptable because it's coming from a viewpoint not often realized by the average joe.

As I've said somebody has to step in and halt this madness asap. Even if Israel occupies Gaza, they'll just force the extremists deeper underground. And propaganda of the IDF occupying a muslim city is just the kind of push Hamas needs to receive further support from outside. Hamas wants a prolonged occupation of Gaza as it forces Palestinians to band together, of course under the banner of Hamas.

If the IDF thinks they can just march in and roll their tanks over into the city, they're in for surprise. Common sense dictates Hamas would never have attempted such a high-risk move unless they have an ace up their sleeve.

Comment

Boxing fans should steer clear of political dialogue. There is so much westernized, media brainwashed bull**** in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
          All my posts are "good" sir. .
          No. Most are trash.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            It might be 'victory' for Hamas, but it's a major defeat for the moderate muslims wanting a two-state solution. The fact that Hamas can master these attacks tells the world that the palestinians are not mature enough to make a lasting peace with. Sad.
            Based on what, no matter how you slice it their land is being occupied, which is why militants revolt. Also they seemed just fine and "mature" before their country was taken away from them and they were forced out of their own homes and forced to live a life of misery and humiliation..

Comment

While I'm sympathetic to the fact that many Palestinians were displaced from their own land, I can't also deny the fact that what Hamas is doing is completely wrong and despicable in the lowest form. To indiscriminately fire rockets into civilian populace is simply unacceptable and just shows the lack of regards for human life. From what I read, true or not, this new conflict all started because a young Palestinian boy was shot across the border of Gaza by the IDF. But can anyone say that the hundreds of rocket attacks on civilians is justifiable?

I think that things could be a lot worst for Hamas and that I fully believe that Israel is operating in a semi-muzzled state. If they are capable of doing precision strike early into the conflict and were able to kill the Hamas leader, I think Israel is capable of doing much more weren't it holding itself back. I just read on CNN that Israel just leveled the Palestinian cabinet building and also the Hamas headquarters. I think it's in Palestine's best interest to hope that Israel doesn't escalate things further because it would just become a tragic event for Hamas/Palestine.

Comment

Bottom line: Israel's long term plans is to totally remove the Palestinians from that area of the world.

All these little instigation's and skirmishes are designed to achieve that ultimate goal. And the US is in support of it, because they have done little to stop Israel from building settlements, little to stop Israel from killing Hamas at will and little to cut off support of Israel.

All you have to do is look at the former Palestinian map and how it is slowly but surely being absorbed by Israel. There will be NO PEACE between the Palestinians\Hamas and Israel .... Never!!!!

Its all there!!!!!

Comment

I guess its safe to say that ***** just got real huh?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                    While I'm sympathetic to the fact that many Palestinians were displaced from their own land, I can't also deny the fact that what Hamas is doing is completely wrong and despicable in the lowest form. To indiscriminately fire rockets into civilian populace is simply unacceptable and just shows the lack of regards for human life. From what I read, true or not, this new conflict all started because a young Palestinian boy was shot across the border of Gaza by the IDF. But can anyone say that the hundreds of rocket attacks on civilians is justifiable?

I think that things could be a lot worst for Hamas and that I fully believe that Israel is operating in a semi-muzzled state. If they are capable of doing precision strike early into the conflict and were able to kill the Hamas leader, I think Israel is capable of doing much more weren't it holding itself back. I just read on CNN that Israel just leveled the Palestinian cabinet building and also the Hamas headquarters. I think it's in Palestine's best interest to hope that Israel doesn't escalate things further because it would just become a tragic event for Hamas/Palestine.
                    Agreed!!!

At the very least, Palestinians\Hamas should try their best to move the women and children to a safety zone to minimize casualties -- and since they won't make that civil move, they are surely in this for propaganda's sake. Make Israel look bad for using excessive force against a very ill-equipped force.

IMHO the Palestinians & Hamas need to join forces with the Egyptians\Syrians, find a way to let Israel have the remaining Palestinian land and build up their forces with Egyptian\Syrian sympathizers and then strike at Israel. Sure it would involve Egypt and Syria, but its inevitable anyway. Become the catalyst for something that is going to happen anyway.

Staying in the remaining piece of Palestinian land and firing rockets isn't a good strategy -- use the "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" format, and join up with the stronger positioned enemies. Then instigate a fight with Israel from both Egypt and Syria for payback.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      Agreed!!!

At the very least, Palestinians\Hamas should try their best to move the women and children to a safety zone to minimize casualties -- and since they won't make that civil move, they are surely in this for propaganda's sake. Make Israel look bad for using excessive force against a very ill-equipped force.

IMHO the Palestinians & Hamas need to join forces with the Egyptians\Syrians, find a way to let Israel have the remaining Palestinian land and build up their forces with Egyptian\Syrian sympathizers and then strike at Israel. Sure it would involve Egypt and Syria, but its inevitable anyway. Become the catalyst for something that is going to happen anyway.

Staying in the remaining piece of Palestinian land and firing rockets isn't a good strategy -- use the "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" format, and join up with the stronger positioned enemies. Then instigate a fight with Israel from both Egypt and Syria for payback.
                      You know that won't ever happen. Too much politics involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X