Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching Mayweather-Ortiz, where do you think Floyd's skill level is currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't look as fast as before but he looks a lot stronger as well.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      I forgot I made these... on being over the hill or not

Red K given for the Roy Picture!

Comment

Floyd Timing is still spot on. His reflexes are starting to slip a bit, and his legs aren't what they once were.

I'd say he looked worse in the Ortiz fight than he did in the Mosley fight, partly because he was fighting a young hungry fighter who was willing to let his hands go a bit more, and partly because he was facing a southpaw, which has always given him difficulty.

The fight didn't really go on long enough to see if Floyd was going to adapt, and really take over or not.

But from what I saw, I'd say he lost a step from when he fought Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          A LW that arguably beat Manny Pacquiao at the same weight, and you are the kind of guy that would have Floyd is ducking Marquez if he refused to fight him, real talk and you know it.

A grandpa that was coming off KO wins over Mayorga and Margarito, the last time we saw a somewhat prime Margarito.

A bum that was coming off 5 straight wins and a draw he should have won over Lamont Peterson, who just beat Amir Khan. And one of those 5 wins was against previously unbeaten WBC WW champ Andre Berto.

You also know what the funny thing is.....people say Manny fought Cotto and Margarito, who Floyd didn't, Haha......Manny refused to fight Shane in 2009 and 2010 after he just KO'd Mayorga and Margarito, and instead fought Clottey, who hadn't won a boxing match in 2 years. Manny refused to fight Ortiz, who said he wanted Pacquiao next, and instead fought a 38 year old Marquez, who Floyd dominated over 2 years ago at the same weight......
          after coming in 2lbs to beat a Lightweight

after taking a fight with a grandpa who had 1 1/2 year off and who was training for a different style berto to overtrained the grandpa mosley

after beating a bum who just have 1 fight at WW and Knocking out a hypejob berto oh wait it wasnt a KO or an even impressive win maidana's daughter "ortiz" no mas

all i notice is
          best cherrypicker of all top number 1
          NO DOUBT

Comment

HAHAHA the pics of the hill were funny.

the answer is "still skillful enough to beat anyone below 154"

Comment

H'es deminished alot. I'd say he's at 70%

Comment

I dont see no skill level, i just see an awkward guy to fight who is negative and dont fight. I dont think anyone can accurately gauge his skill level.

His opponents or victims dont speak in awe of his skills.

Comment

He's still very good, he may have lost some speed, may not have the same legs, but he's physically stronger now. This Floyd would have done better against Hatton, Judah, Baldomir, Oscar, that's not to say he's better but I don't see no one pushing him around.

Comment

Top of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      He's still very good, he may have lost some speed, may not have the same legs, but he's physically stronger now. This Floyd would have done better against Hatton, Judah, Baldomir, Oscar, that's not to say he's better but I don't see no one pushing him around.
                      i wouldnt say hes better. but hes different. hes a much more stationary technician. with that said, even with his slip hes probably miles above most on and around his weight class with the exceptin of pac and serg.

Comment

Working...
                      X