Right to Work Laws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
    Unions killed the US auto industry....
    They are doing much better though. GM actually reported a record number in their last quarter and Chrysler was left for dead, actually is doing fine. Ford is pretty strong too. I wouldn't say they killed it but had the fall out of 2008 never happened they would have, instead it was on life support. I do agree that unions in todays market do more harm than help though.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      They are doing much better though. GM actually reported a record number in their last quarter and Chrysler was left for dead, actually is doing fine. Ford is pretty strong too. I wouldn't say they killed it but had the fall out of 2008 never happened they would have, instead it was on life support. I do agree that unions in todays market do more harm than help though.
      by killed i simply meant they took thriving companies and strangled the lifeblood out of them until they could produce a profit no more.

whether they're doing 'better' is up to individual standards i guess

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
        by killed i simply meant they took thriving companies and strangled the lifeblood out of them until they could produce a profit no more.

whether they're doing 'better' is up to individual standards i guess
        Gotcha. You're right they certainly did a lot of harm. Unions were needed for the auto industry in the 40s, when people were being forced into 16 hour shifts or risk losing their job, but not in the 90s and beyond.

Comment

Gotcha. You're right they certainly did a lot of harm. Unions were needed for the auto industry in the 40s, when people were being forced into 16 hour shifts or risk losing their job, but not in the 90s and beyond.
          you don't think that it would have helped americas auto industry if our nation was to tax their imports the same as Japan and China tax our imports to them? it wasn't the unions that brought down the car companies, it was our nations foriegn policy with trades between countries.

let the unions die and in the very near future you will be fighting again for safe work enviornments, fair pay and any kind of benifeits. We'll be right back to 1908 when it comes to work conditions and pay..........Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 03-25-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

They're doing better after some Government intervention. What we don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by One Capitalist View Post
              So coming November here in Minnesota there is going to be a referendum vote on RoW. As of right now I'm heavily sitting on the side of voting for it. Is there a liberal here that can give me a cognitive reason why I shouldn't?
              it dosnt matter, in the next few years when America is brought to its knees by just society as the result of the unjust plutocracy forced upon the just society, many of these laws will be thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                you don't think that it would have helped americas auto industry if our nation was to tax their imports the same as Japan and China tax our imports to them? it wasn't the unions that brought down the car companies, it was our nations foriegn policy with trades between countries.
                Explain to me how the U.S. government getting more revenue through tariffs on imports, helps the Car companies?

Comment

Explain to me how the U.S. government getting more revenue through tariffs on imports, helps the Car companies?
                  EXPLAIN TO ME!!!!!!!

did your parents teach you manners?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

let the unions die and in the very near future you will be fighting again for safe work enviornments, fair pay and any kind of benifeits. We'll be right back to 1908 when it comes to work conditions and pay..........Rockin'
                    For your first point, yes I actually think we should do that. As for your second point, I feel that there should be some union looking over things. I don't believe that it(the UAW in this case) should have as much power as it did though. They abused their power and really hurt the industry. Unions= good, if done correctly. Problem is I haven't ever seen a union do good.

Comment

They're doing better after some Government intervention. What we don't need.
                      I'm all for the government staying out of business. If a company fails, it fails but it was vital to my state at least that the government come in and help out. So many problems would of happened and it just so worked out that the auto industry is doing better and will pay back all the loans that they needed on time, interest included. The same could of never been said about the banks.

Comment

Working...
                      X