Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Amir Khan rematch would you like to see this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would like amir to have the garcia fight i think that would be a good trilogy to be honest

Comment

Has to be Balaclava man. I missed the first fight.

Comment

Lamont Peterson. Khan could show his improvement, avenge what some think was a shady decision, and not have to worry much about his opponent's power.

Comment

Screw Prescott. Every time he was in position to land the Khan fight he would just lose again. Khan has better options against better fighters.

Comment

I can't stand him or Garcia, so I voted for Garcia. I would be happy with any outcome in that one.

Comment

Maidana, the last fight was class. I think Maidana would win now though so I doubt they'll make that fight.

Comment

The Garcia rematch is the obvious one. Khan already beat Maidana, who has since gone on to lose embarrassingly to Alexander, and Prescott hasn't worked his way into contention yet.

After a gimme fight in April, Khan should concentrate on a fight with Garcia.

Comment

immediately, i'd like to see Prescott II. that's just a good fight for where Khan is as of this moment.

later in the year, i'd like to see Garcia II. Khan gave Garcia the opportunity, he deserves the chance to avenge his loss. he showed enough in the first fight, up until he got clipped, to warrant it.

i wouldn't be averse to Maidana II up at welterweight at some point in the future (Maidana has refashioned himself a little under Garcia, which offers some intrigue), but i also wouldn't care if it never happened. Khan wasn't completely shutting out Maidana prior to the 10th, but he was way in front - after the late scare for Amir, it finished up about an 8-4 fight with 10-8 rounds to either guy, clear enough for Khan that i don't need to see a rematch.

Peterson? he didn't truly win in the first place, and he was likely cheating. regardless of what the record books say, Peterson's victory will always be viewed as dubious. this would be the least essential of all these matchups to me.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    immediately, i'd like to see Prescott II. that's just a good fight for where Khan is as of this moment.

later in the year, i'd like to see Garcia II. Khan gave Garcia the opportunity, he deserves the chance to avenge his loss. he showed enough in the first fight, up until he got clipped, to warrant it.

i wouldn't be averse to Maidana II up at welterweight at some point in the future (Maidana has refashioned himself a little under Garcia, which offers some intrigue), but i also wouldn't care if it never happened. Khan wasn't completely shutting out Maidana prior to the 10th, but he was way in front - after the late scare for Amir, it finished up about a 116-112 fight with 10-8 rounds to either guy, clear enough for Khan that i don't need to see a rematch.

Peterson? he didn't truly win in the first place, and he was likely cheating. regardless of what the record books say, Peterson's victory will always be viewed as dubious. this would be the least essential of all these match-ups to me.
                    Khan isn't going to, nor should he be expected to fight such a dangerous puncher so soon after a devastating KO loss. I don't see why people can't grasp the idea that Khan needs to work on his faults in a couple of tough but winnable match-ups before he gets back in the ring with someone dangerous?

When Khan got knocked out against Prescott, he had a few fights where he was allowed to rebuild and get his confidence back, then he was straight back in the mix fighting the best at 140 (Maidana, Judah, calling out Bradley, and Garcia). We should allow Khan another fight to work on his weaknesses and regain his confidence before we start calling him out for not fighting punchers. He's still only 25 and has more than enough time to work on his game. This isn't Martinez or Pacquaio. Getting KO'd again so soon after losing two fights in a row would absolutely ruin his career. Khan is making the right choices at the moment.

Comment

Khan-Garcia 2 is the biggest rematch to be made.

Comment

Working...
                      X