No announcement yet.

Boxing does huge ratings in Ireland - one of most watched ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by croz View Post
    It's a bit different. This was the crowd in her hometown alone. When Ireland "won" gold in show jumping for the last Olympics (horses oriented sports are quite big here) the crowds didn't show up like this.

It's more to do with the fact that Katie was a dominant champ but didn't get the recognition she deserved in her own country. The Olympics shed a light on her so people are much more aware of her now.

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    Well thank you for correcting me. I know next to nothing about Ireland and was just trying to give my perspective that high viewership for the olympics is more about national pride than liking a sport IMO, but that my friend is just amazing. Hope it translates to a bigger boxing market in Ireland. Green K to you my buddy.
    Those photographs are actually quite stunning. Holy shit! lol

Now that is pride and support! To see that many people turn up for a local girl in a fledgling Olympic sport is utterly amazing. Did Katie have any Cuban coaches? lol

Comment

Im guessing your irish my friend just wanted to say hello im irish dublin born raised in the liberties,its great to see another post from an irishman i live abroad so just wanted to say hello and yes those tv ratings are insane great day to go shopping i guess lotsa parking spaces lol

Comment

for the first time in a long while i feel extremely proud to be irish that may sound strange but i truly love boxing and to see both male and female representing my country so well is really flattering im 31 years old maybe its age but damn im really proud

Comment

Originally posted by FightFit View Post
          for the first time in a long while i feel extremely proud to be irish that may sound strange but i truly love boxing and to see both male and female representing my country so well is really flattering im 31 years old maybe its age but damn im really proud
          This sounds so genuine I have to smile. Enjoy the feeling, brother.

Comment

Working...
          X