No announcement yet.

Katsidis doneski?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katsidis doneski?

While he went to distance and was kinda close I had it 116-112 for the Ghanan. Katsidis still the same and everyone knows the game plan to beat him.

How many fights does he have left given he has lost 4 out of his last 5 and has taken some decent damage in them.

I haven't seen the fight, I have it recorded.

His never made any real adjustments. Note sure why he doesnt throw a jab. It's the first thing I learnt in the gym.
    I say he will be a stepping stone now for other fighters, sadly.

Shame he hasn't tried to make a few adjustments over the years,
    I'm sure it would have been a different story for him.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
      I haven't seen the fight, I have it recorded.

His never made any real adjustments. Note sure why he doesnt throw a jab. It's the first thing I learnt in the gym.
      I say he will be a stepping stone now for other fighters, sadly.

Shame he hasn't tried to make a few adjustments over the years,
      I'm sure it would have been a different story for him.
      He doesn't throw a jab because it isn't any good.

That's the thing about a jab. Jabs are not inherently effective. If he had Ike Quartey's jab I'm sure he would hang it out there. He doesn't, his jab sucks, so he doesn't use it. Then you get to the question of why he doesn't have a better one, and that is just a case of below average fundamentals.

To me its not so much about making adjustments. Mick is often compared to Gatti so lets look at that. Gatti made adjustments. If you watch him very early on in his career he was actually a skilled mover, liked to use his jab, still liked to exchange, but was a skillful fighter. We all know how he then turned into a 100% face first brawler, however you can see through the later part of his career him making some adjustments. These adjustments helped him to win some pretty big fights later in his career that he most likely would never have even been in had he not made those slight changes.

Mick doesn't have the fundamentals that Gatti had. Gatti had a jab, Gatti had ring smarts, Gatti knew how to evade a guy and slip some shots, Gatti knew how to move. Mick has always just been superfit, superstrong, super-determined. A come at you fighter that never stops. I don't think he was ever really capable of making material adjustments because of this. Sure it doesn't even seem as though he tried, but in reality I doubt it would have helped him too much. Lets face it, he has always looked at his best in fights when he has 100% been on the front foot and just pounding away.

With regards to the thread question, yes he is done. I thought he gave a good effort in that fight but he was seriously physically outmatched. He also doesn't quite have the durability or the sharpness that he once had. Too many wars, too many shots. It comes with the territory. You want to fight like that, those are the consequences.

Still love the guy to death and will always support him no matter what he does, but he will never beat another top fighter, whether it be at 135 or 140. He is done in that arena.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Couldn't agree more about gatti.

Yeah sadly Mick is done.

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        He doesn't throw a jab because it isn't any good.

That's the thing about a jab. Jabs are not inherently effective. If he had Ike Quartey's jab I'm sure he would hang it out there. He doesn't, his jab sucks, so he doesn't use it. Then you get to the question of why he doesn't have a better one, and that is just a case of below average fundamentals.

To me its not so much about making adjustments. Mick is often compared to Gatti so lets look at that. Gatti made adjustments. If you watch him very early on in his career he was actually a skilled mover, liked to use his jab, still liked to exchange, but was a skillful fighter. We all know how he then turned into a 100% face first brawler, however you can see through the later part of his career him making some adjustments. These adjustments helped him to win some pretty big fights later in his career that he most likely would never have even been in had he not made those slight changes.

Mick doesn't have the fundamentals that Gatti had. Gatti had a jab, Gatti had ring smarts, Gatti knew how to evade a guy and slip some shots, Gatti knew how to move. Mick has always just been superfit, superstrong, super-determined. A come at you fighter that never stops. I don't think he was ever really capable of making material adjustments because of this. Sure it doesn't even seem as though he tried, but in reality I doubt it would have helped him too much. Lets face it, he has always looked at his best in fights when he has 100% been on the front foot and just pounding away.

With regards to the thread question, yes he is done. I thought he gave a good effort in that fight but he was seriously physically outmatched. He also doesn't quite have the durability or the sharpness that he once had. Too many wars, too many shots. It comes with the territory. You want to fight like that, those are the consequences.

Still love the guy to death and will always support him no matter what he does, but he will never beat another top fighter, whether it be at 135 or 140. He is done in that arena.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Even though he has changed trainers its too late to change his style/skill set.

Im sure every aussie really likes kats as a boxer but sadly he is pretty much done been a serious world contender in the sport.

Like brent said he will only be a stepping stone for other fighers.

Comment

I just watched the fight the other day. I was away and recorded it.

I think Mick did better, but he still wasn't able to throw the jab enough.

Maybe he should try and work on his power, not sure.

But I am sure he shouldn't have wasted all those years with Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
              But I am sure he shouldn't have wasted all those years with Smith.
              ^^ This is very true.

That style made him a contender but needed/s something more to be a champion.

Comment

Working...
              X