No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman-Khabib Allakhverdiev WBA Title Bout Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman-Khabib Allakhverdiev WBA Title Bout Close

Joan "Little Tyson" Guzman 33-0-1 (20 KO's) was recently awarded the right to obtain the WBA super lightweight world title. Promoter Henry Rivalta had begun negotiations with Vlad Hyrunov, the manager representative of the undefeated Russian Khabib Allakhverdiev 17-0-0 (8 KO's), to face each other for the vacant WBA world title that Argentinian Marcos René Maidana vacated. As indicated by Guzman's camp, conversations are very positive to stage the fight before the end of 2012.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wonder what the odds are of Guzman coming in overweight.

Comment

Glad it's looking like Guzman's getting this Khabib title shot rather than facing a belt-less Khan. What is with these damn Tyson handles... "Little Tyson" "White Tyson" MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN NAMES SMH

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
        Glad it's looking like Guzman's getting this Khabib title shot rather than facing a belt-less Khan. What is with these damn Tyson handles... "Little Tyson" "White Tyson" MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN NAMES SMH

Haha there is even a boxer called ''Wyson'' who mimics Mike. He goes by the name of Jeremiah Graziano and fights at cruiserweight, check his videos when you got time.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Haha there is even a boxer called ''Wyson'' who mimics Mike. He goes by the name of Jeremiah Graziano and fights at cruiserweight, check his videos when you got time.
          LOL

I seen him. I actually kind of like him but he hasn't fought in a long time.

Comment

Wow, I haven't heard that name for a while.

Last time I was looking at him was a couple of years ago and he had like 14 fights by that point.

Comment

Wonder what the odds are of Guzman coming in overweight.
              Dude are you obsessed with him coming in overweight or what? Everyone knows about his past issues and from what I've seen as of late he has looked to be in very good shape. Also, I am pretty sure he knows that messing things up just one more time is pretty much the end of him.

Comment

Awesome. I was hoping Allakhverdiev would get a major oppertunity like this just didn't expect it so soon. Little Tyson? Isn't Guzman a pseudo slickster more than a banger or am i thinking of the wrong guy? Why has Guzman been so inactive the last several years?
                Last edited by Mikhnienko; 09-04-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Will do. At least, we didn't have "iron" ike quartey LOL

Comment

joan guzman was the best boxer at 122 lbs., at 140 he's not even top 20

Comment

Working...
                    X