Is bodybuilding the ideal self defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just quizzing at this point.

You're Big.

What do you do versus the slightly smaller man sporting 2x Brass Knux?

Like the unevenly milled ones that have nasty edges.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
      I'm just quizzing at this point.

You're Big.

What do you do versus the slightly smaller man sporting 2x Brass Knux?

Like the unevenly milled ones that have nasty edges.
      Run like a mo'

But wouldnt you think, if you wern't the only person in the alley, that a bully would probably pick someone smaller and who would put up less of a fight if they did fight back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
        Run like a mo'

But wouldnt you think, if you wern't the only person in the alley, that a bully would probably pick someone smaller and who would put up less of a fight if they did fight back?
        Option A: Close the gap, and use your Brazilian Jiu Jitsu technique to defeat.

Option B: Run. You have better be faster that's just survival.

Option C: The Unspeakable. .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Unspeakable as in some people conceal Weapons.

I personally don't. Though. Which does inhibit my self defense.

Big time.

Comment

• The best form of self defense is to walk away street fights are pointless. Its easy to break your hands with out gloves who knows if the other guy has a knife or other types of weapons and you could get jumped on by more than one person, Someone i know was killed in a street fight. Its just not worth it even though i like boxing and do boxing training i never get into fights and dont like fighting in bars and clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davros? View Post
              The best form of self defense is to walk away street fights are pointless. Its easy to break your hands with out gloves who knows if the other guy has a knife or other types of weapons and you could get jumped on by more than one person, Someone i know was killed in a street fight. Its just not worth it even though i like boxing and do boxing training i never get into fights and dont like fighting in bars and clubs.
              Good post on a serious level..

But the best form of self defense is G-Dogs guide to Mounting and Hair Pulling vol 1 and Vol 2 both good books

Comment

The best form of self defense is to walk away street fights are pointless. Its easy to break your hands with out gloves who knows if the other guy has a knife or other types of weapons and you could get jumped on by more than one person, Someone i know was killed in a street fight. Its just not worth it even though i like boxing and do boxing training i never get into fights and dont like fighting in bars and clubs.

Actually, on a serious note. I get what you are saying, but if you are in a confrontation with somebody under no circumstance do you turn your back to them.

If you can defuse the situation that is one thing, but never just turn around away from someone who is angry enough that they might hit you.

I've been taking Krav Ma Ga courses with a world class instructor for a few months now. It's is a special form of hand to hand combat self defense that was developed for the Israeli Special Forces.

We are specifically taught in class not to do what you are suggesting unless you are 100% certain that the situation has been defused. Also, you have to take into consideration that in many of these situations you won't be able to simply walk away.... or walking away may allow someone to pursue you to someplace where you can be badly beaten without witnesses.

I can't stress enough that this form of fighting is strictly for self defense yet here are the 4 most important principles that we are taught:

* Counter attacking as soon as possible (or attacking preemptively).

* Targeting attacks to the body's most vulnerable points such as the eyes, jaw, throat, groin, knee etc.

* Neutralizing the opponent as quickly as possible by responding with an unbroken stream of counter attacks and if necessary a take down/joint break.

* Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, objects that could be used to defend or help attack and so on.

Comment

• I walked (or really drove away) from what could've been a bad street fight the other day. Some ****in loser pulled up next to me swearing up a storm. I told the kid to **** off and he drove around me and blocked the street I was going to drive down and then got out of his car ready to fight me. It really caught me off guard because I'm, most of the time, a mellow easy going guy.

Suffice to say, I backed up and sped away because I felt threatened. Later on, I kinda felt like I b.itched out instead of beating the tar out of this punk. Later, later on, I thought I did the right thing. I could've got hurt and/or arrested..

Comment

I got a scar on my head where 12 staples used to be that says turning your back on a person threatening violence against you is a bad idea.

Comment

• Nope not at all you get. Pick on more the drunk guys, at my girls club sock the bouncer's just to see if they could hang/win in a fight. With a guy that big.

Comment

Working...
                      X