Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its been over 15 days and not a peep from team Martinez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been over 15 days and not a peep from team Martinez.

Has anyone heard anything from this? They said it was gonna be one of the biggest fights in the last 20 year or so yet all I hear from team Martinez is how they are turning down a career high payday to fight Pirog in Russia.

Although I guess its not as bad as it being over a month and nothing from HBO or GBP about the Ortiz-floyd ppv #'s

I personally think the 15 days thing was about the Hopkins fight. He's a GBP fighter and they didnt want to overshadow his fight. No way they would name that fight before Hopkins-Dawson happens. It would overshadow it, could hurt sales, and Hopkins would get upset at GBP and think they were favoring Floyd again.

I think it will get announced in the next week or 2. I think they probably wanted to wait a week after the Hopkins fight but they may now announce it earlier since it was such a bad ending. On the flip side it may push the announcement back since Hopkins is so upset and GBP wants to show him that they are supporting him & trying to get the result overturned

Comment

Martinez claiming the fight needs 1 more week to be announced or made, is a peep.

Comment

Working...
      X