Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silva going on vacation until late 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Dana I believe it was on First Take this morning and he basically laughed off Silva's comments as Anderson being Anderson and that he expects the fight to happen in May if GSP wins. I think Anderson is a character but if Dana puts his foot down he'll be fighting sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
      Jone's may be a fake, which I am lead to believe must be so if so many around him say so, but Silva over him? Jones is the favourite easily.
      Silva is the best fighter in the world period and for good reason. Sure the oddsmakers may say hes the favorite because hes the bigger stronger man but Silva is ten times more talented with his speed, power and pin point accuracy. If anybody can chop away at Jones legs, get his timing down and land some brutal shots to the face like Machida its Anderson.

Not to mention Belfort was the first person to attack jones or their back besides Shoguns miserable kneebars attempts that got him even more fuuuked up. Silva has those long limbs that make him really slick off his back, if it hit the mat Silva could tap him out lke Belfort almost did.

Anderson Silva stands the best chance easily, handsdown period until Jones moves up and his size advantage isn't as extreme. Gustaffson is somebody to look out for since hes just as big with good footwork and powerful hands. But he needs to pass his greatest test yet with Shogun. If he beats Shogun thats the fight I want to see!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
        Silva is the best fighter in the world period and for good reason. Sure the oddsmakers may say hes the favorite because hes the bigger stronger man but Silva is ten times more talented with his speed, power and pin point accuracy. If anybody can chop away at Jones legs, get his timing down and land some brutal shots to the face like Machida its Anderson.

Not to mention Belfort was the first person to attack jones or their back besides Shoguns miserable kneebars attempts that got him even more fuuuked up. Silva has those long limbs that make him really slick off his back, if it hit the mat Silva could tap him out lke Belfort almost did.

Anderson Silva stands the best chance easily, handsdown period until Jones moves up and his size advantage isn't as extreme. Gustaffson is somebody to look out for since hes just as big with good footwork and powerful hands. But he needs to pass his greatest test yet with Shogun. If he beats Shogun thats the fight I want to see!
        The only way I can see Silva winning is if Jones for some reason didn't make a concentrated effort to take him to the ground. Jones being the stronger bigger fighter I see him going there as most times he is a smart fighter and doesn't let his ego decide how he fights either. I wanna ask you will Jones performance against Sonnen bad or good far as seeing what he does against someone who gave Silva trouble weigh in or is your mind made up who you think will win regardless. For me I'm curious how a guy loses a title fight in one division and doesn't fight one fight in the new division yet surpasses all the fighters in front of him. This fight was much more about money then most. Dana knows Chael will do his WWE impression to draw people to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrewasideMMA View Post
          The only way I can see Silva winning is if Jones for some reason didn't make a concentrated effort to take him to the ground. Jones being the stronger bigger fighter I see him going there as most times he is a smart fighter and doesn't let his ego decide how he fights either. I wanna ask you will Jones performance against Sonnen bad or good far as seeing what he does against someone who gave Silva trouble weigh in or is your mind made up who you think will win regardless. For me I'm curious how a guy loses a title fight in one division and doesn't fight one fight in the new division yet surpasses all the fighters in front of him. This fight was much more about money then most. Dana knows Chael will do his WWE impression to draw people to the fight.
          I honestly think Dana is doing this just for that reason. Jones will destroy Sonnen worse but only because he has an even more extreme size advantage and is the most tailor made style match up for Jones. NO wrestler will beat Jones. Your not going to be able to decision him you'll need a KO or submission. Chael has no chance to do either.

But I think Dana hope Jones will smash him in 1 like everybody knows he will and hope somehow people think hes 10x better then silva since he beat him easier and hope that makes Silva want the fight.

Comment

Working...
          X