Patch and DLC Updates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Patch and DLC Updates

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/272186.page

Just a quick sticky to share a couple of links with details on the Title Update that went out over the weekend for XBOX 360 users along with the DLC that will be going live early tomorrow morning. These updates will be available for PS3 users next week.

Game Update and DLC FAQ - http://blog.fightnight.easports.com/...d-dlc-faq.aspx

Producer Blog: Title Update/Patch and DLC - http://blog.fightnight.easports.com/...h-and-dlc.aspx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is what the updated will contain
    Posted by PRGuy an EA Mod:

Legacy Mode – Fix for scheduling two fights at once and not being able to advance in the Legacy Mode schedule. Users will need to start a new Legacy Mode file for fix to be applied.

Legacy Mode – Legacy Mode freezing fix for users’ encountering random freeze events. This fix applies to save load functionality and will NOT fix currently corrupted Legacy Files but will fix all new Legacy Files after the patch has been applied.

XBOX 360 Boot Up Freeze – Sometimes game would freeze if user had a high number of playlists. This issue has been fixed to handle over 30 custom play lists elegantly. This is for XBOX 360 only.

Online – Online HUD functionality altered so opponent’s HUD is hidden during the fight. Change made to improve quality of online game play.

Live Tournament Feature – Fight Night Round 4 will be offering Live Tournaments in the future. This feature will not be accessible until the Live Tournament functionality it turned on. Stay tuned for more information regarding tournament dates and times.

New Game Play Sliders - Two new sliders that allow the user to customize boxer stamina, boxer accuracy, and the counter punch window for off line game play.

Due to the tight time lines of this patch, not all the requested issues could be resolved. We will continue to collect feedback and offer more improvements and fixes in future updates…like the Button Patch.

Hiding the various bars? **** you EA sports. God damn it. You can no longer fight tactically waiting for your opponents energy and stamina to go down. I guess it will just be spamming to the finish from here on out.

Comment

The game will actually play more sim-like by not being able to see your opponents HUD. It will actually take strategy to beat your opponent instead of going full blast because your see his health our stamina low.

Comment

Removing the hub is a crap, imo. As mentioned in a different thread, there just aren't enough indicators to show us if the other fighter is hurt, fatigued, etc. It's actually MORE realistic to have the hub because in real life, you can pick up if your opponent is really getting hurt and fatigued. The only indication your opponent is hurt is when he gets stunned.

Very disappointed in that. Everything else is good but I don't see how removing the hub is fixing the online problems, fix the damn stamina and spamming issues, NOT THE HUD! Which reminds, me, when the hell are the patches/updates coming for those problems? The biggest issue the fans are complaining about is spamming and disconnects, etc. I never even heard of anyone complaining about the huds.
        Last edited by ИATAS; 07-27-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Removing the hub is a crap, imo. As mentioned in a different thread, there just aren't enough indicators to show us if the other fighter is hurt, fatigued, etc. It's actually MORE realistic to have the hub because in real life, you can pick up if your opponent is really getting hurt and fatigued. The only indication your opponent is hurt is when he gets stunned.

Very disappointed in that. Everything else is good but I don't see how removing the hub is fixing the online problems, fix the damn stamina and spamming issues, NOT THE HUB! Which reminds, me, when the hell are the patches/updates coming for those problems? The biggest issue the fans are complaining about is spamming and disconnects, etc. I never even heard of anyone complaining about the hubs.
          Stamina should fix the so-called spamming. People have fought with the HUD off and they are loving it for online play.

Comment

Very disappointed in that. Everything else is good but I don't see how removing the hub is fixing the online problems, fix the damn stamina and spamming issues, NOT THE HUD! Which reminds, me, when the hell are the patches/updates coming for those problems? The biggest issue the fans are complaining about is spamming and disconnects, etc. I never even heard of anyone complaining about the huds.
            Fighters can spamm to win round now, and we can no longer pace ourselves until they get tired, **** this ****, I knew the game was too good, and EA would do something to ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
              Stamina should fix the so-called spamming. People have fought with the HUD off and they are loving it for online play.
              Was there a stamina patch released already? If so I haven't noticed.

I'm sure people have fought with the HUD off and loved it but people isn't all people now is it? lol

I'm sure I'll still kick ass with my opponents HUD off, but instead of getting a lot of late round KO's there will be a lot more decision fights. I mean sure it's nice to have tactical fights, but in real life boxing there are indicators when your opponent is hurt, we essentially wont have any now other than when your stunned.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Fighters can spamm to win round now, and we can no longer pace ourselves until they get tired,
                That's a very good point.

Comment

Was there a stamina patch released already? If so I haven't noticed.

I'm sure people have fought with the HUD off and loved it but people isn't all people now is it? lol

I'm sure I'll still kick ass with my opponents HUD off, but instead of getting a lot of late round KO's there will be a lot more decision fights. I mean sure it's nice to have tactical fights, but in real life boxing there are indicators when your opponent is hurt, we essentially wont have any now other than when your stunned.
                  It will really suck having you opponent have zero stamina while you are full in the late rounds only to step off the gas and possibly lose decisions. ******ed if you ask me. Unless they make indicators such as fighters arms dropping, panting ect...... Since they can not do that, why not just leave the HUD.

Comment

I have not tried online since the update. But can you see your own HUD? If not it sucks to not know how tired you are. How do you know to add stamina between rounds or health if you cant see either?

Comment

Working...
                    X