No announcement yet.

LondonRingRules vs Poet682006

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LondonRingRules vs Poet682006

Wow people, these two posters really have a dislike for one another. just been looking back at some of there posts, and these two have had some real heated arugments and at times got pretty personal.

no offence to both, but both are a little wacky and both have written some wacky **** in the past. but both know there boxing.

just thought i'd ask, cause haven't been around to long. what do posters around here think of them, and do they argue alot? and does anyone dislike the pair???

do they still hate one another now?

(here are there profile's)
    LRR-http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/member.php?u=32478
    Poet-http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/member.php?u=65958

hope ya can help!

I don't know much about LondonRingRules, so I can't really comment on him on a personal level or anything. But he does have a great grasp of the English language, and knows how to make his points ; Which is always a plus when discussing issues on a message board with somebody. I don't agree with him on certain issues (namely Muhammad Ali's ability and legacy), but I can always see his points.

Poet I know a little more about. He's another one here whom really understands how to play the point/counterpoint game, and he's not afraid to sling a little **** once in a while ; Which I like. Especially when it's directed at noobs who make erroneous statements about fighters from back in the day because they're too lazy to investigate themselves. Poet is a good guy.

As for their rivalry, I can't comment. I'm still somewhat of a noob in this general area myself.

Comment

Their probably ether the same person or shagging one another lol
      Bewhahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I don't know much about LondonRingRules, so I can't really comment on him on a personal level or anything. But he does have a great grasp of the English language, and knows how to make his points ; Which is always a plus when discussing issues on a message board with somebody. I don't agree with him on certain issues (namely Muhammad Ali's ability and legacy), but I can always see his points.

Poet I know a little more about. He's another one here whom really understands how to play the point/counterpoint game, and he's not afraid to sling a little **** once in a while ; Which I like. Especially when it's directed at noobs who make erroneous statements about fighters from back in the day because they're too lazy to investigate themselves. Poet is a good guy.

As for their rivalry, I can't comment. I'm still somewhat of a noob in this general area myself.
        LRR reminds me of Shawn, but older and focuses more on older fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          LRR reminds me of Shawn, but older and focuses more on older fighters.
          I can see the comparison, it's actually quite a good one.

They both can annoy me with their stubborn attitudes about particular fighters, but they always manage to keep me reading their posts with consistency and a pretty well thought out argument.

Comment

Is this a fantasy fight thread?

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
              In that case, I'd have to go with Poet by UD. Based on youth, stamina, and workrate.

Unless LRR is in some Floyd Senior type of shape. Then I would have to go with him.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                ** Hah, I just noticed a message in my inbox asking me about Poet, but I guess the kid jumped the gun and posted this thread.

I've noticed the kids are trying to turn the history forum into the anarchy of the nonstop forum. Like any kid, he wants to see a fight.

Nothing to worry about, as Poet, well, he ain't really a poet, but don't tell him as he don't know it, but he sure ain't no fighter. No way he'd ever get into the ring with me. He can't even look me in the eye, preferring to skulk on the fringes, throwing rocks from his ignore button.

Besides, I don't beat up 8th graders or girls anyways.

Now, I let him come and post nonsense about me on my threads, but I'm not allowed on his threads because he has me on ignore. He has a similar diagnosis to Mike Tyson which is why he can't stand Tyson. Hits him too close to home.

As to whether I box, one of the kid's questions, well, this summer I was gonna do a tour of the gyms of Bristol, England, looking for a storied 6-6 gunslinger prospect to spar with, a Bristol Tyson Fury in the making. Was gonna put it up on utube for all my buds, but the global depression has blown me out of the water, so that's on hold......

Comment

Working...
                X