Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistake by Chad Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good video clip: Has mix of Dawson's comments then the KO.

Dawson said,
    - "He is just a stepping stone"
    - "He is just a fighter to make me look good"
    - "He is no Glen Johnson, ... I have beaten great fighters .... I just don't see it"
    - "I'm a big 175 fighter ... BIG! He is going to look tiny"

Comment

Originally posted by NormC View Post
      Peterson and Dawson were completely different knocked downs..I thought Peterson was still in in somewhat but Dawson was completely gone..you could see it in his eyes.
      They both had no legs/no balance and were badly hurt. Peterson was done after the 2nd KD. He just got another chance from the ref and Dawson didn't. If the ref let the Dawson fight continue, it would've been stopped shortly after as well. Not really that much difference.

Comment

Chad mistake was thinking that Stevenson was a tune up fight and looking past him.

Comment

It doesn't matter how legitimate a stoppage was, SOMEBODY will always say they should have been allowed to continue. Anyone who thinks this fight was stopped early is a disgrace to boxing, Dawson was done. I'm glad some of you aren't referees, otherwise half the fighters you purport to love would be eating through a straw.

Comment

2-3 extra seconds on the canvas wouldn't of made a difference, he was severely dazed and could barely stand up straight... Even if the ref let it continue, he would of been annhilated.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              lol ...true ..... except he was no longer in a boxing fight since it was over ...... you can say "until he realized he just lost a boxing fight in Canada."
              No seriously, I think he got up n was looking around for the car he thought he just got hit by n realized he was in a boxing fight in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                No seriously, I think he got up n was looking around for the car he thought he just got hit by n realized he was in a boxing fight in Canada
                Looked more like bullying to me, Chad got pimp slapped.

Comment

Ref did Dawson a favour, he lives to fight another day.

Comment

Maybe if that beard was a little thicker....who knows.

Comment

I predicted Stevenson to KO Chad, and I think Dawson will be stopped many more times if he chooses to continue his career for long. It started with Miranda putting him down in the gym, then the Ward and Stevenson fights. His punch resistance will never be the same like RJJ after Tarver 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X