No announcement yet.

Hatton Could Learn From Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I have heard that Hatton was 5ft 7 inches in the past and did use to think he was. But recently i always hear him listed as 66inches.

Comment

It's still a legit reason why Hatton was right in moving back down...his frame is just to small...the weight he fought at 147 was clearly taking its toll on him, his stamina was running out, something very rare for Ricky...people can talk about how he didn't have enough time to get used to the weight, but I still think it was just to heavy for his frame, fighting with his style.

However, I would not mind seeing Hatton move up to face other fighters that fought under 147 at one time, like Cotto, Mosley, or Oscar...might be a bit unfair though since these fighters have been fighting for years at 147+.

Someone like Tszyu, why I say he should of moved up, and I hold it against him, is because despite his height of 5'6, he has a big frame and could of made 147...but this is boxing, they are risking their health, not mine, so fair enough...still would of loved to see him move when the division was hot.
        I know one argument was that he was trying to rebuild his legacy at 140 after the loss, but moving up and facing those big names would of been bigger for his legacy.

Comment

But people who are against Hatton always say beating Kostya wasnt impressive because Kostya was a lightweight really and not a 140lb guy. Kostya might have handled himself in the higher weights, and made more of a name for himself i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            But people who are against Hatton always say beating Kostya wasnt impressive because Kostya was a lightweight really and not a 140lb guy. Kostya might have handled himself in the higher weights, and made more of a name for himself i suppose.
            Kostya a "lightweight" ?

never heard that...people say the fight wasn't impressive because Tszyu was past his prime...at 35, long layoff from injury, the struggle to make weight, and the way Hatton fought him, was the knock on the victory.

I heard Tszyu actually spars at a higher weight when in training, then tries to come down to make the weight...this is probably also why sparring partners that are over 140, say Tszyu is so strong...the problem is, if you try to lose weight, someone like Tszyu will be losing muscle as well.
            I think people were more surprised at the way Hatton fought him by hugging him...nobody really expected that because that wasn't Ricky's style up to that point...not saying it wasn't smart, but didn't make for a great fight that was expected.

Hatton was a real exciting fighter prior to his fight with Tszyu, but for some reason, from the Tszyu fight on, he has been holding a lot more.
            Last edited by Abe Attell; 12-03-2006, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Drop all the Hatton hatin'. Rick will KTFO Urango then wipe the floor with Castillo then shut you guys the **** up

Comment

rickys next 5 fights could be
                urango
                castillo
                mayweather
                cotto
                margorito
                and even if he wins them ppl will still critisise him

Comment

just get used to it and the quicker ppl realise most americans saying this are mayweather fans and realise hatton is one in a small bunch who has a legit chance of beating mayweather (even tho they wont admit it) and just hate for a response

Comment

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
                    rickys next 5 fights could be
                    urango
                    castillo
                    mayweather
                    cotto
                    margorito
                    and even if he wins them ppl will still critisise him
                    a wish list isnt a solidified garuntee.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
                      a wish list isnt a solidified garuntee.
                      i used it as an example
                      and if i could wish hattons next 5 fights they wouldnt be them

Comment

Working...
                      X