No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Plans Big Talk With Roach, Eyes December Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Plans Big Talk With Roach, Eyes December Rematch

AMIR Khan will hold crisis talks with Freddie Roach after his shock world title defeat at the weekend.

Khan, 25, insists he does not want to split with the Hall of Fame trainer, but wants Roach to commit to spending more time ­working with him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Roach told Amir what to do between rounds, but he didn't listen.

Comment

Yea you aren't getting a rematch

Comment

I know Garcia's dad opposed a rematch, but money wise, what would be a more lucrative option than a fight with Khan in the UK.

Comment

I see Khan getting knocked out again. Even if Khan listened to Roach the way Garcia fights, he would make Khan lose his composure and get into a slug out again. Khans pretty much done as a top fighter, imo. I don't see him as a threat at 147 and at 140 guys like Garcia, Bradley, Peterson and JMM would beat him.

Comment

no you dumb **** you want it in the uk so the judges can help you just like the ref helped you and gave you extra time to recover or else danny would have finished you in the 3rd worry about fighting a bum in the uk garcia got bigger fish to fry hes going forward not backwards rematch peterson then see from there

Comment

devon or zab would bring good money

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                Khans pretty much done as a top fighter, imo.
                You won't remember but people said that last time too. He's a young fighter, he can learn and adjust.

Comment

I don't think Khan will get a rematch with Garcia.

He should focus elsewhere.

Comment

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz20psP4q7G
                    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

He said: “It is hard when you are with Manny and have to be the No.2. Every fight is a big fight for me.

“I’m at the stage where I can make no more mistakes. I need to do things that benefit me and stop thinking about others, which I’ve been doing my entire life. In the end, it’s me who gets in the ring.

“Now is the best time to sort these things out and my team will talk things over with Freddie. I’m sure he will understand because he’s been a fighter too.

“I love training in LA and the great sparring I get there. I know we work on the right things on *offence, but we have to work on the defence too.

“It’s about going back to the drawing board and I’m going to have to do that.”

Khan had to get his ear drained in hospital after the fight and also had a brain scan, but was given a clean bill of health.

He insists he did not *underestimate Garcia and talk of facing Floyd Mayweather Jnr next did not make him take his eye off the ball. He said: “We had a long camp, but I never let the Mayweather talk get to me. I take it one fight at a time.

“In the fight I remember it was so easy catching him and for a split second I got complacent, lost concentration and he caught me.

“I had to avoid those big looping shots, but I couldn’t get away from them.”

Khan says he would love a rematch with the American, ideally in England.

“I’d love to have a *rematch,” he said. “There are a few fights available to him, but the big money would be a rematch.

“It would be brilliant to have that in the UK, *December time. I’ve been fighting away from home a long time. It’s time to go home again.”

OK well first bit. Roach will always have Manny as number 1.

Second bolded, Khan actually is right on the defense, but Roach told him to tie Danny up, not fight him toe to toe at most of it. LA is great for sparring though.

I gree that Danny has a crap defense and was easy to hit, which also invited Khan in.

It is time to have home fans. Your fans have been flying to the states for you, even Americans don't fly to other countries like we do.

Welcome home, and I hope that you do get a rematch, but box Danny. He is predictable with his hooks and has slow feet, I feel Khan who reduces output to 30 punches a round and jab/boxes has a huge chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X