No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein Expects Guerrero To Test Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernstein Expects Guerrero To Test Floyd Mayweather

We now know Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero is the lucky fighter to win the Floyd Mayweather sweepstakes as he will face him May 4th in Las Vegas, NV at the MGM Grand. Guerrero has been clamoring for this fight since last year and it took a tough win over a then unknown Selcuk Aydin and former champion Andre Berto to earn his chance at the pound for pound king.

Depending on who you talk to, the fight is either considered a walk in the park for Floyd or Floyd is going to be in for one of the tougher nights of his career. Showtime commentator Al Bernstein thinks it will be the latter as he discussed his thoughts on the fight when he appeared on the most recent episode of BoxingScene’s official radio show “The Boxing Lab”. [Click Here To Read More]

Im really looking forward to listening to Showtimes team call the fight. We know Bernstein will be there. Paulie gives much better insite than RJJ. He cant judge rounds for ****, in fact I think he had Cotto/Trout a draw, but he can explain whats going on in the ring intellegently. Im sick of Lampley and the rest of HBOs team calling the fights.

Comment

That was an interesting headline to see. Glad to see Showtime call the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        Im really looking forward to listening to Showtimes team call the fight. We know Bernstein will be there. Paulie gives much better insite than RJJ. He cant judge rounds for ****, in fact I think he had Cotto/Trout a draw, but he can explain whats going on in the ring intellegently. Im sick of Lampley and the rest of HBOs team calling the fights.
        I like Al and Paulie calling the fights too. Jim is just too biased to the house fighter that it is a turn off at times. I actually agreed with Paulie on the Cotto-Trout fight. My initial thought was draw or Trout by a round. The early rounds found Trout doing little to nothing and Cotto winning them. I think if Trout had started faster he would of had an easy decision. Nonetheless I had no problem with Paulie's scoring or the judges decision other than the 1 absurd card that had trout winning 9-10 rounds.

Comment

Looking forward to this. Al Bernstein and Malignaggi are great to listen to during a fight...they give intelligent and insightful commentary. (although it's true that Paulie's scorecards leave you scratching your head sometimes.)

Guerrero will give Floyd a tough time of it. It's going to be a competitive bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            You are double speaking

You say that he can explain what's going on in the ring but then say he can't judge. While he's judging, he's actively telling you how he's scoring. He accounted for the body attack that Cotto put on, that's where is scorecard came from. I mean, he was pretty explicit that he thought alot of the body work was going unaccounted for in the official judges. So I mean, what he's explaining, is also how he's scoring.

I had the Trout fight 7-5 for Trout. I thought he came strong, lulled in the middle rounds and fought his ass off in the championship rounds to grab a deserved win.

I can't wait to see these guys call the fight. They're very professional. I also can't wait for Jim Gray vs. Mayweather. It'll be more interesting than the fight itself

Comment

i wrote an article at the beginning of january stating that floyd , if he choose robert he would have his work cut out for him , floyd definitely has to earn his money this fight its nowhere near as easy for floyd as many people are making out to be.

Comment

I think the Guerrero of old is long gone, which is why he resorts to pressuring, and smothering. I don't think he can be as methodical or as technical as he once was due to the weight, he lost some speed and he's more flat footed, I hate to get ahead of myself but I think we're gonna see the same Guerrero that fought Berto, maybe a little stronger but still the same. He'll at times try to box but Mayweather will quickly convince him to throw away that approach.

Comment

Because this is a 6 fight deal with Showtime Guerrero is guaranteed to lose. I see another Castillo 1 rip off where Guerrero beats him down and still loses

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    I think the Guerrero of old is long gone, which is why he resorts to pressuring, and smothering. I don't think he can be as methodical or as technical as he once was due to the weight, he lost some speed and he's more flat footed, I hate to get ahead of myself but I think we're gonna see the same Guerrero that fought Berto, maybe a little stronger but still the same. He'll at times try to box but Mayweather will quickly convince him to throw away that approach.
                    don't you think thats roberts best chance of winning tho? i mean no one outboxes floyd so i think thats maybe a tactic they will stick with.

Comment

Working...
                    X