No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lebedev vs. Chambers Targeted For The United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lebedev vs. Chambers Targeted For The United States

Eddie Chambers (36-3, 18KOs) and WBA Cruiserweight beltholder Denis Lebedev (25-1, 19KOs) are in negotiations for a spring bout and BoxingScene has been advised that the fight could mark Lebedev's debut on American soil.

Lebedev has fought the majority of his fights in his native Russia, but according to sources in Chambers' camp, has stated his desire to fight in the U.S. for this bout. [Click Here To Read More]

Sometimes I think the best way to get a title shot is to lose a fight.

Comment

Great, great fight here. Good move for Fast Eddie to go down to CW but I think włodarczyk is Eddies best chance for a title. I can't see any other result here besides a Lebedev KO. I think a fight with Cunnigham or hell even Arsan would of been a better fight to take first before jumping straight into a fight with Lebedev. Good news for fight fans, risky decision for Chambers' career.

Comment

Chambers should of went to CW a long time ago but now it could be too late..
        This is a dangerous fight for his first assignment , let's see if any network picks it up wealth or epix maybe

Comment

If Eddie stays healthy he wins.....

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
            Chambers should of went to CW a long time ago but now it could be too late..
            This is a dangerous fight for his first assignment , let's see if any network picks it up wealth or epix maybe
            Maybe NBC sports, fast is signed to the duva's main events now.

Comment

he should stay at HW...

i don't care if he is a small HW. he beat & knocked down 6'7 250lbs dimitrenko, he almost beat adamek with one arm & he speedbagged sam peter. the guy can compete with the top HWs & has just had a few injury issues the last few years. if he gets healthy Duva will get him fights on US networks. risky move...i think RJJ vs tarver 2 when he went down, cameron vs green & toney vs lebedev, byrd vs george another....i have no troubles guys moving up but moving down is a very risky move. chambers has fought bigger & slower guys at HW his whole career. i know he is only 202-208 but still the speed of a CW will be something he has not dealt with in a long time. i think it's a bad decision unless the payday is too good to pass up.it is for a title so i guess i can see why he would take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                i don't care if he is a small HW. he beat & knocked down 6'7 250lbs dimitrenko, he almost beat adamek with one arm & he speedbagged sam peter. the guy can compete with the top HWs & has just had a few injury issues the last few years. if he gets healthy Duva will get him fights on US networks. risky move...i think RJJ vs tarver 2 when he went down, cameron vs green & toney vs lebedev, byrd vs george another....i have no troubles guys moving up but moving down is a very risky move. chambers has fought bigger & slower guys at HW his whole career. i know he is only 202-208 but still the speed of a CW will be something he has not dealt with in a long time. i think it's a bad decision unless the payday is too good to pass up.it is for a title so i guess i can see why he would take the fight.
                But Chambers won't ever win a HW title. I can see if he wants to cash in, but at CW he could rule the division. He tried and failed at HW.

Comment

Lebedev should not fight in America, he will be robbed of his title.

Comment

I agree- but he won't exactly be 'robbed', if it is a matter of a few points, variables, nuances, subjectivity, even bias, then he will lose.

He can win. Means nothing though, because Eddie could easily win as well. I think Lebedev will pull through, though- mostly because I don't think sanctioning bodies like their titles changing hands so rapidly, unless 'rematch rivalries' (and therefore, more money and consumer attention) develop, and I don't see that kind of chemistry here. This will be just another notch on Lebedev's belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X