Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lucas Matthysse an unbeaten fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They was both bad and both were robberies. A draw would be somewhat fair but the judge who had Alexander winning 96-93 should be fired indefinitely.

Lucas IS an undefeated fighter as far as I am concerned.

34-0 30KOs.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      I actually thought the Judah fight was a bit closer than the Alexander one.

I agree it really sucks he was robbed against the biggest "names" he's faced on HBO, but it's made him much more relentless and he's now looking to put fighters away.
      Yeah, he's like Sergio in that he's "earned" it. I do hope he gets a chance to right those wrongs* in rematches.

*still have to watch the Alexander fight but just going on what people are saying for that one.

Comment

Matthysse is no longer a slow starter because of those decisions and in turn has made him better in my opinion. I felt he gave up too many of the early rounds to both Judah and Alexander, more so Judah.

Comment

arguable he can be undeafeated, but he starts or used to start slow and give away early rounds. So yes in most people eyes (mines) he is undeafeated.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            They was both bad and both were robberies. A draw would be somewhat fair but the judge who had Alexander winning 96-93 should be fired indefinitely.

Lucas IS an undefeated fighter as far as I am concerned.

34-0 30KOs.

If you feel that a draw would be fair ''robbery'' is not the right word to use when the decision goes the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              If you feel that a draw would be fair ''robbery'' is not the right word to use when the decision goes the other way.
              LOL "That was a robbery, it should have been a draw!".

Comment

of course he is. he clearly won rounds 2,6, and the last 4 against judah at least. factor in the knockdown and there's no possible way judah won. none. also against alexander that was an easy win where alexander won maybe 3 rounds, 4 at the absolute most if you love him.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

I meant in the sense that a draw is better on paper than a loss. I'd still grumble over a draw but its not nearly as bad as a loss in a fight he certainly won.

I.E Huck vs Afolabi 2 - I can live with a draw so can all the fans and both fighters, they'll likely have a trilogy.

A loss & a scorecard of 96-93 however is bull****.

Comment

I definitely think he deserved the Judah decision.

Personally, I think Kotelnik deserved the decision a lot more against Alexander than Matthysse did. Alexander-Matthysse was pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      LOL "That was a robbery, it should have been a draw!".

Did you not see what I put? Stop taking things out of context.

Comment

Working...
                      X