Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If RJJ retired AFTER fighting Ruiz, would he have gone down as a TOP 5 ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Dominating a weight class for years >>>>>>>>>> hopping divisions and cherry picking the weakest belt-holders to collect a worthless strap.

Poet
    Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
    if it were that easy hopkins would have done it and got the fame/$ like roy did. but he didnt because prime for prime hop aint half the fighter roy is. he doesnt have the resume but in my mind he beat anyone south of heavyweight in the history of the sport.
    In both cases there are exceptions.

But, Roy dominated LHW damn near as long as Hopkins dominated MW.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
      if it were that easy hopkins would have done it and got the fame/$ like roy did. but he didnt because prime for prime hop aint half the fighter roy is. he doesnt have the resume but in my mind he beat anyone south of heavyweight in the history of the sport.
      That wasn't a criticism of Roy who stayed at Light-Heavyweight for the most part. It was in response to the nitwit you was criticizing Ricardo Lopez for NOT division hopping.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by larryx1950 View Post
        no........his resume really isnt that good
        You flip flop like a ****in burger Larry... Youre p4p one of the most inconsistent posters on bscene, real talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          The reason I gave those examples. Because, not moving up weight means it's a bad thing. Like you try to insinuate.

Sometimes dominance in a weight-class is more difficult and a greater accomplishment than moving up in weight.

Of course having the same trainer matters. It's silly to say or not or act like that's not even relevant enough to mention. It's pretty relevant.

Again not moving up to fight Carbajal in the equivalent to Roy not moving up to fight Jirov while taking lesser money and fight a lesser threat in Clinton Woods.

But, you're not even understanding the point. You're making my point for me and I thank you for that. What BoxingGenius point is that H2H in terms of skill, talent and ability he is the GOAT. Not whether or not he beat this guy or didn't fight that guy. He is not talking about resume, he is talking about skill, talent, ability.

A signed glove means nothing by the way.
          Of course JRo, of course. I forgot aaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll the great fighters who fought at 105 and 108. How could I forget all the Vorapins of the division?

Oh, how could you ever forgive me all mighty JRo?

Comment

Originally posted by Always View Post
            Of course JRo, of course. I forgot aaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll the great fighters who fought at 105 and 108. How could I forget all the Vorapins of the division?

Oh, how could you ever forgive me all mighty JRo?
            I was speaking more of a general term. Since you were dismissing dominance of a weight-class.

You seem to insecure in this thread. What's wrong?

I just think there has been some kind of mixed up. We got miscommunication somehow. And, I think you got lost somewhere.

Again BoxingGenius was discussing H2H Goat. I don't think there is such a thing as H2H GOAT, because of so many divisions you can have more than one GOAT. And, how can you have more than one GOAT in the same subject? That makes no sense to me.

However, like I said before, H2H in the respective divisions that Roy participated in he is quite high, so is Finito in the respective divisions he participated in. Because, of both skills, talent, and ability.

Now if you're asking me, who's greater between the two. And, we're talking about consensus ATG's rankings then Roy ranks higher. Because, his resume is by far superior even though Ricardo might be just as good of a fighter or even better, doesn't have the resume that Roy has. So Roy is greater because of the resume. Which is my original point on how to rank greatness. That somehow you disagree with but at the same time agree with.

Comment

No. his skills was top tennish though..

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                You flip flop like a ****in burger Larry... Youre p4p one of the most inconsistent posters on bscene, real talk.

Comment

Working...
                X